Our Community’s Educators
The Belmont-Redwood Shores Faculty Association is an important component in public education’s system of “checks and balances”.
Who We Are
The Belmont-Redwood Shores Faculty Association (BRSFA) is our community’s union of over 200 professionals in the Belmont-Redwood Shores School District. We are the teachers, counselors, psychologists, school nurses, and speech and language pathologists who educate your children on a daily basis. Many of us hold Master degrees, some of us hold Doctorate degrees, and all of us are California certificated and committed to the advancement of public education.
BRSFA is a chapter of the California Teachers Association and an affiliate of the National Education Association. Our strength as a professional union comes from the expertise of over 200 members in Belmont-Redwood Shores, 325,000 members in California, and over 3.2 million members nation-wide. Collectively, we comprise the strongest voice for public education in the United States.
BRSFA advocates for the working and learning environment of the staff and children in the BRSSD. Thus, for over 50 years, BRSFA has upheld its mission:
- to protect and promote the well-being of its members
- to improve the conditions of teaching and learning
- to advance the cause of free, universal, and quality public education
- to ensure that the human dignity and civil rights of all children and youth are protected
- to secure a more just, equitable, and democratic society