BPHS WRITING STUDIO
ONLINE SOURCE FOR WRITING, RESEARCH & DESIGN
AT BETHEL PARK HIGH SCHOOL
You're in the WRITE PLACE
We have teachers and student coaches available to assist you with
- Class Essays
- Oral Presentations
- Application Materials
- Research Posters
- Lab Reports
- Research Papers
- College Application & Scholarship Essays
- Essay Contests
- Fiction & Nonfiction Writing
Let's get started!
Click on these links
Includes help on Composition, Grammar, Citation, Vocabulary, Inspiration, MLA, APA
Literature, Science, History, Music and More!
OUR GOAL: NOT ONLY BETTER WRITING, BUT ALSO BETTER WRITERS
The Writing Center Is Your Place to:
- Generate ideas
- Construct arguments for essays
- Refine drafts
- Develop research strategies
- Write in all subject areas
- Give you tips on writing creatively
- Plan your multimedia projects
- Compose résumés and college application essays
We Are Here to Help You Become a Better Writer, Researcher, Designer, Creator
Staffed by certified English teachers and student peer-tutors who are available every period of the school day to help you with your writing, Room 212 is the place to be for writing.
- We coach students on how to plan, generate, organize, research, draft, develop, refine, proofread, and revise their ideas.
- We work with teachers to include the writing process in their curricular units. We team teach mini-units on the writing process geared to your curriculum.
- We conference one-to-one with students by listening, paraphrasing, perception-checking, leading, interpreting, questioning, observing, modeling, and telling.
- We cater to students at their ability level as they grapple with writing assignments and projects. A long-standing axiom of Writing Center philosophy: "Our job is not to make better writing, but to make better writers."
- What We Don't Do: We don't proof, correct, revise, or grade writing or do it for the student. We are not a "paper mill," "grammar academy," or "fix-up shop."
We love writing, finding things out, and creating things. Stop by and ask for our assistance. It's why were here.