The handbook contains some important information about the BASD Cyber Academy program and the student's responsibilities. Students, please read it carefully and discuss it with your parents.
We recognize that each student learns differently and has unique requirements for scheduling flexibility. BASD Cyber Academy is designed to provide students with the flexibility they need while maintaining checkpoints to ensure they are accountable for their daily activity. Students receive a Chromebook issued from the district, which provides access to the resources students will need to complete their cyber coursework. Students will have access to teacher support and technical support to assist with any difficulties they may encounter.
The curriculum used in BASD Cyber Academy equips students in Kindergarten through 12th grade with a fundamental knowledge base. The courses have a consistent structure and are designed to provide students with engaging content, assignments and assessments. Students have 24/7 access to personal, self-paced learning materials with real-world applications and direct instruction videos. All courses are taught by highly qualified, Pennsylvania-certified teachers. There are numerous built-in tools to support the learning, and guided pacing throughout the curriculum.
Activities/programs available to Cyber Students
BASD Cyber Academy students have access to all the services and facilities provided to students attending the regular classroom.
- Guidance Counselor Services
- On-campus tutoring
- Opportunity to enroll in the Bethlehem Area School District Vocational-Technical School
- Concurrent enrollment (students may take post-secondary coursework at approved universities)
- Receipt of a Student ID in order to attend district sport events and activities
- Upon successful completion of the school year, students may be reimbursed up to $15 per month for Internet usage
- Participation in extra-curricular activities, sports, curricular field trips