About Ani-Motion VP
The Benefits of Physiotherapy
Ani-Motion VP is a Veterinary Physiotherapy service providing rehabilitation and therapy to horses, dogs and cats in East-Anglia. I work in conjunction with your Veterinary Surgeon and other paraprofessionals to be part of holistic healthcare for your pet.
I hold a Bachelors degree in Equine Science and a Masters in Veterinary Physiotherapy and am fully insured and registered with the National Association of Veterinary Physiotherapists. As a condition of this membership, I undertake regular continuing professional development to ensure that my knowledge and skills remain up-to-date with the latest findings in the field of animal therapy.
Physiotherapy uses physical methods, such as manual therapies, electrotherapies and prescriptive exercise, to manage or treat musculoskeletal conditions or injuries.
The aim of the Physiotherapist is to relieve pain and maximise movement and function. Physiotherapy can assist in managing a range of musculoskeletal conditions, including those of both orthopaedic and neurological origin, and in the rehabilitation of post-operative patients. It is also a useful tool in the maintenance of performance animals, ensuring that they are kept comfortable and are able to perform to the best of their abilities.
Physiotherapy can benefit animals in the following ways:
- Management of Osteoarthritis/ Degenerative Joint Disease
- Post-operative Recovery and Rehabilitation
- Preparation for Surgery
- Treatment of Soft-tissue Trauma/Damage
- Relieving Neuropathic Pain
- Addressing Postural Compensations and Muscle Tension
- Conservative Management of Orthopaedic Conditions
- Conservative Management of Neurological Conditions
- Optimising Mobility, Comfort and Performance