Board of Certified Public Accountants
CPA Exam Application Information
This information is not intended to be an exhaustive compilation of the Board’s rules. Applicants have a duty to familiarize themselves with the provisions of the Wyoming Certified Public Accountants Act and the Wyoming Board’s rules.
In addition, once the Board office has notified the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) of the candidate’s approved application, the remainder of the exam process is administered by NASBA, the AICPA, and Prometric (testing center).
Before submitting an application to qualify to sit for any or all portions of the exam, make certain to be prepared to pay for all sections applied for before you are able to schedule for any section. Once a candidate receives the Notice to Schedule (NTS) from NASBA, any change to sections applied for requires a new application to be submitted to the Board office with the appropriate application fee. Once a candidate has submitted fees to NASBA to be issues an Authorization to Test (ATT), no changes are allowed.
- Submit Signed Application and copy of ID (scan and email or mail);
- Request all official transcripts (if applicable);
- Pay the required application fee (credit card or check);
Approved Application Process
Once all necessary documents have been submitted to the Board office, processing time may vary, however most applications can be processed in 5 to 7 business days.
- When the application is approved, the Board office will provide an Authorization to Test (ATT) notice to the candidate via email, while simultaneously advising NASBA of the candidate’s eligibility to test.
- The ATT will expire six (6) months from the application date if the candidate never obtains a Notice to Schedule (NTS).
- The candidate will be required to reapply and pay new application fees if he/she intends to proceed with testing.
- NASBA will contact the candidate and provide a Payment Coupon (based on the sections applied for). See the current Exam Fees.
- You will need to register with the NASBA CPA Candidate Account.
- NASBA, AICPA, and Prometric fees must be paid directly to NASBA.
- Fees for all 3 organizations will be included in the amount on the payment coupons issued by NASBA.
- ALL SECTIONS APPLIED FOR MUST BE PAID BEFORE ANY ONE SECTION CAN BE SCHEDULED.
- Once the fees for all sections applied for have been paid, the candidate will receive the NTS from NASBA.
- No changes are allowed once fees have been paid to NASBA.
- All Wyoming candidates must take scheduled sections within six (6) months of the date of the NTS. Failure to do so will result in the expiration of the NTS, and forfeiture of all fees paid. The candidate will be required to reapply to the Board’s office to proceed with testing.
- Instructions for scheduling the exam will be included with the NTS from NASBA.
- Please refer to the Candidate Bulletin for detailed information about scheduling.
NOTE: You can have more than one valid ATT or NTS at a time but cannot have more than one ATT or NTS for the same section. For example you may have ATT issued 1/1/2020 for FAR/REG and ATT issued 2/1/2020 for AUD/BEC.
- If an application is denied, the reasons for denial shall be communicated to the candidate in writing.
- The applicant shall have the right of reconsideration based on submission of new information to demonstrate to the Board that the application requirements are met.
- Any request for reconsideration must be submitted to the Board office in writing within thirty (30) days of the denial decision notification letter.
Changes to personal information
- It is critical that the candidate keeps the Board informed of any name, address, or email address changes.
- Failure to do so will result in a delay in communication between the candidate and NASBA and/or the Board office in addition to possible forfeiture of the scheduled exam appointment and all associated fees.
- Scheduling and score notification could also be disrupted.