Welcome to 2018-2019!
Intro To Band Chromatic Challenge Backing Tracks
What we are working on:
MBDA Concert April 3 and Spring Concert April 2
All City Band Concert - May 14
Men - Black Tuxedo- School tuxedos available if you need one (you will need a black bow tie, white dress shirt, black socks and black shoes)
Ladies - Concert Black- A black dress top (with no shoulders showing), dress black pants and dress black shoes.
Westbrook High School Wind Ensemble/Concert Band
- Expectations- Students are expected to have their instruments and music at every rehearsal, work hard and be respectful.
2. Sectionals- Each week during the band period students will spend sectional time with a teacher on their instrument in order to improve their instrumental techniques. Once per quarter students will have a recorded playing quiz due to Mr. Smith.
4. Concert Dress- Students wear Concert Black. Boys wear school tuxedos (you need your own black bow tie, white dress shirt, black shoes); and girls wear all black top and black dress pants.
5. Honors Band/Honors Jazz band Auditions are in the fall. The audition piece is available to all students who wish to audition. The cost is $6. Please sign up with Mr. Smith. One free playing quiz 100 is received for any student taking part in this audition.
6. All State/Jazz All State Auditions are in the fall. The audition piece is available to all students who wish to audition. The cost is $22. Please sign up with Mr. Smith. One free playing quiz 100 is received for any student taking part in this audition.
Chair Placement- All wind ensemble students will play an audition piece for seat placement. Students will play the Honors Band audition piece, as well as any major scales you may be asked. Be prepared for all. Concert Band students will be placed within their section after consultation with Mrs. Smith. Students who wish for a higher chair may play an audition for me.
Please search "Westbrookbands" on You Tube or search "Westbrook Music Boosters" for more recordings!