GCHS School Counseling Department
4665 Hoover Rd. Grove City, OH 43123 (614) 801-3300
Fax: (614) 871-6563 Attendance: (614) 801-8859
Dale Corbett (Last names A-D) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Galloway (Last names E-Le) - email@example.com
John Sayre (Last names Li-R) - firstname.lastname@example.org
Valerie Williams (Last names S-Z) - email@example.com
What's Going on at GCHS?
- SENIORS! All students in the Class of 2019 must complete the Senior Exit Survey ASAP. For directions, check your school email and follow the steps from Mrs. Coyne (GCHS I Know I Can College Advisor).
- 2019-2020 Scheduling - If your student has not yet returned his/her Request Verification Sheet, they must do so ASAP! Students can return the forms to the Counseling Office.
- Junior ACT Test - All Junior students took the ACT on March 12. Students should have received their results either by checking their ACT account at actstudent.org or (if the student marked their registration sheet) it was mailed home.
- Financial Aid - The SWCSD Financial Aid Night was held at GCHS on October 18th. If you missed this meeting, have your student see their School Counselor for an information packet. Make sure that you check the Financial Aid deadline for the schools you are applying to.
- Naviance Student - Students of all four grade levels & their parents are encouraged to login often to Naviance Student at student.naviance.com/grovecityhs. Naviance is a college & career readiness website with limitless tools for students' self-exploration. If you do not know your login credentials, reach out to your child's School Counselor.
- U.S. Service Academy Seminars - Each Member of Congress has the responsibility to nominate young men and women to attend our nations service academies, the Air Force Academy, the Naval Academy, the Merchant Marine Academy, and the Military Academy at West Point. Each Spring, U.S. Senator Rob Portman's office, U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown's office, and the local congressional offices, host a number of informational seminars across the state to provide helpful information to students as they begin the process of applying.
- Our events are open to all students who are interested in learning more about the nomination process and about the service academies.
- We have two upcoming seminars in the greater Columbus area, and would like to ensure students are aware of the events. The full schedule and details is attached below under master list.
Please see the navigation bar on the left for a full list of counselor information!
Counselor for students with the last name beginning with:
A-D: Dale Corbett
E-Le: Susan Galloway
Li-R: John Sayre
S-Z: Valerie Williams
I Know I Can
We are excited to welcome Anna Coyne to our GCHS family! Mrs. Coyne is a College Advising Manager who will be at GCHS Tues-Fri each week. Students who have questions about the college process, financial aid, "What do I want to be when I grow up?", etc. are encouraged to meet with her.
To learn more about I Know I Can, visit https://iknowican.org/