Greetings from GSA!
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) represents graduate students at Saint Louis University. The GSA is governed by elected officers and its General Assembly consists of one representative from each graduate degree program. GSA sponsors the annual Graduate Student Research Symposium which showcases graduate student research, in both paper and poster formats. Graduate students may also apply for GSA awards for conference presentation and attendance, publication assistance, as well as summer research support towards thesis, dissertation, and exam preparation.
Graduate Student Association General Assembly Meetings Spring 2015
The General Assembly meets during the fall and spring semesters. All meetings are on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 2:30 p.m. and end no later than 4:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 21st at 2:30 p.m. Busch Student Center Wool Ballroom
Wednesday, February 18th at 2:30 p.m. School of Nursing Room 019
Wednesday, March 18th at 2:30 p.m.Busch Student Center Room 256
Wednesday, April 15th at 2:30 p.m. School of Nursing Room 019
Things You Should Know...
- Seeking Applicants for the Alpha Epsilon Lambda-Saint Louis University, Chi Chapter, Deadline March 13, 2015
Alpha Epsilon Lambda was founded in 1990 by John Capece, Carole Glover, and Suresh Ramamurthi, all former officers of the National Association of Graduate-Professional Students, with the specific objective of recognizing the academic and leadership accomplishments of graduate and professional school students. The mission of Alpha Epsilon Lambda is to:
· Confer distinction for high achievement,
· Promote leadership development
· Promote scholarship and encourage intellectual development – illustrated by being in the top 35% of your specific discipline
· Enrich the intellectual environment of graduate education institutions, and
· Encourage high standards of ethical behavior.
Alpha Epsilon Lambda chapters may be installed in graduate or professional schools which support this mission. Graduate and professional school students who meet the selection criteria may be elected to membership. You may find out more about AEL on their website: www.gradschools.org
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM)
· Top 35% of your department
· Completed at least 12 graduate credit hours and 1 academic year in residence at SLU
· AEL Dues: $15.00
· OPTIONAL AEL Honor Cord: $10.00
AEL Application Instructions
1. Complete AEL Application form found at this link 3. Email the application and payment confirmation to email@example.com by March 13, 2015 using the subject line “AEL Application” a. AEL Application found at this link
b. Marketplace Payment Confirmation
- 2015 GSA Brennan Fellowship Awards and GSA Recognition Awards
The deadline for the 2015 GSA Brennan Fellowship Awards and GSA Recognition Awards are quickly approaching. Find more information on both awards here.
- GSA Department Representatives
Know your Department Representatives! Find your representative's name and contact information here.