See closed 5S Facebook group for pictures.
2016-17 School Supply List - 5th grade Quest
PLEASE NOTE: some may be used as community supplies. We will label all supplies in the classroom.
3 bound composition notebooks (wide lined)
10 glue sticks
8 chisel tip dry-erase Expo markers
1 package of 8 “skinny” markers
1 package of 8 broadline markers
10 packs of sticky notes
1 package 3 hole notebook paper (wide lined)
5 pocket folders with prongs to hold 3-hole paper
2 red pens
1 box Kleenex
24 pencils (prefer pre-sharpened-no mechanical pencils, please)
1 large eraser
4-6 containers of Clorox Wipes
1” 3 ring binder
2 boxes of crackers per trimester
Earbuds or headphones
1 package of paper bowls
Optional - if your budget allows:
Hot glue guns for the classroom
Hot glue gun refills for the classroom
colored tagboard 2-3 sheets
styrofoam balls - many sizes
I am originally from Richfield, Minnesota, a suburb of Minneapolis. This means I love loons, the Minnesota state bird. My family still lives there, and I enjoy visiting them. I have been married since 1994. We have a seventeer year old daughter, Jenna. She is a Senior at Lumen Charter High School where she enjoys choir, cheer & stunt, and band. We live in the country near Princeton. This summer, I enjoyed a vacation to Virginia Beach, reading, and swimming.
, I graduated Cum Laude from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire where I had experience teaching 1st -5th graders in the Eau Claire Area School District. I earned a Master's of Science Degree in Education-Reading with a 4.0 GPA in 1998 at UW-Oshkosh.
I taught a 4th/5th split during the 1992-93 school year in Princeton. The following year, I taught Reading to students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grades at Princeton Middle School. This is my 22nd year teaching at Quest/Murray Park. I have also worked with children ages 6-14 in Richfield's summer park program for four summers. In addition to teaching, I enjoy snorkeling, reading, scrapbooking, watching snowmobile races, and music.
- Extracurricular Activities: Student Council Advisor; Student Council Memory Book Committee Advisor; Project Madog Assistant Director; Science Fair Co-Director; BRAVE teacher
- Master of Science-Reading; UW-Oshkosh
- Bachelor of Science-Elementary Education, Minor-Language Arts; UW-Eau Claire
- 5th Grade Quest Teacher in Ripon 2010-present
- 4th Grade Teacher in Ripon 1994-2010
- Teacher since 1992
- Wisconsin Elementary & Middle Level Science Teachers WEST Grant, 2004
- Promising Practice Award for Project Madog - Wisconsin PK-16 Leadership Council, 2003
- Jean I. Caudle Graduate Reading Award, UW-Oshkosh, 1999
- Wisconsin Elementary & Middle Level Science Teachers - Distinguished Teacher of the Year, 1998
- UWEC Student Leadership Award, 1992
- Girl Scout Gold Leadership Award, 1987; Girl Scout Leader-present
Those of you who have been in our classroom have seen our Responsive Classroom morning meetings. Click here to learn more about Responsive Classrooms.
out these awesome Quest greenhouse pictures taken by one of the Master
Gardeners who has been so helpful here at Quest, Lyn Heriot!