Kingswood Regional High School Troupe #921
Troupe #921 was re-established in April of 2012. Our goal is the same as the ITS goal. To bring recognition to those students who are dedicated to the high school’s theater program and enhance the students experience with live theater and workshops.
Students who apply to become a Thespian must:
- Be at least a sophomore in high school
- Be involved in some aspect of theater; stage, crew, tech, music, costuming, etc…
- Be willing to mentor younger members of the theater program
- Have a passing grade point average
- Have participated in at least 3 Kingswood productions and have earned at least 11 of the 16 points required for membership at Kingswood Theater. The other points may be earned through alternative theater opportunities.
Application and Show List Forms: Click to Download
Since we are still fairly new, we are growing in our goals and activities and hope that with every new inductee, we can introduce new ideas and desires into the troupe's achievements.
Our Current Goals
- Recognition: By the town authorities and by the school administration. Kingswood Regional High School takes THEATER very seriously and we want to make sure that our talented students get recognized by all.
- Recognition: By the other schools that are brother and sister troupes of the International Thespian Society.
- Enhancing: We thrive to present our students with the best theater opportunities around by traveling to local venues to see live theater and attending theater workshops around the state of New Hampshire.
- Leadership Opportunities: For the students. Become an officer in the troupe, learn how to run an organization, and to solve issues and make decisions for the group: productions, trips, liaison between drama director and students, community service opportunities etc… This is especially important to those applying to college.
- Award Ceremony/Graduation: Students have the opportunity to get recognized at the Kingswood Awards Ceremony with scholarships and awards, (Plaque, tassel, pins)
- Fundraising: Earn money for student awards, membership dues, pins and trips so the cost of these items are not prohibitive to the student.
Thespians from left to right: Back Row- Matt Horton, Cali Jacobs, Nick McMullen, Adria Miller, Dan Humer Front Row- Izzy Berry, Yazmine Custeau, Michael Crew, Gwyn Anderson
Troupe Funds: We earn money for trips, activities and troupe items by selling concessions at Kingswood Theater events. This includes: Kingswood Theater shows, The town of Wolfeboro's Dancing with the Community Stars, Wolfeboro Area Children’s Summer Theater productions, and other private events. It is important that all members of the troupe volunteer when they are available.
Thespian Activities and Events
- Free membership and induction pin to all new members* ($37.00 Value)
- Two senior Kingswood Theater graduates have the opportunity to receive a theater scholarship. The Thespian troupe donates money each year towards those scholarships with money they earned throughout the year.
- Trips to local theater productions around the state of New Hampshire with part or all of the trip comp'd by troupe funds*
- Yearbook photo with all thespians.
- May: Awards to all Senior Thespian members
- End of year celebration.
*As Funds Allow
We hope that all the theater students thrive to become a member of the Kingswood High School International Thespian Society Troupe 921. Please see a current Thespian member if you have any questions.
Current Kingswood High School Thespian Officers:
If you feel you may be eligible, fill out a student application and show list form and it will be reviewed for your eligibility.
If you have any questions please call Michael Allfrey at (603) 397-9621 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Troupe Director: Michael Allfrey, Kingswood Theater Costume Director
Thespian member since 2011, Kingswood Regional High School Theater Alumni, Kingswood Costume Director since 2016.
“Act well your part, for their all honor lies”