JOIN THE RESOURCE TEAM
BECOME A PEER REVIEWER
Are you interested in helping to steer the development of this online resource site? We are looking for 2-3 volunteers who can join our core team of Extension Master Gardener Coordinators. As part of the team, you can help us:
- Manage resource reviews,
- Expand and improve this resource site,
- Recruit peer reviewers,
- Identify stellar resources in volunteer program management and administration,
- Support Extension Master Gardener Coordinators across the United States and beyond.
You should be prepared to dedicate an average of 5 hours per month to this project. We ask that you commit to a 12-month term on the leadership team.
Questions? Feel free to ask us, by leaving a comment below.
Are you be willing to serve as a peer-reviewer of 2-3 resources? The reviews are submitted online, and should take about 1 hour per resource ~ including time to read or view the resource. The online survey has been structured to make the process clear and easy. Once you finish reviewing 2-3 resources, you do not have to do any more!
The benefits you’ll get from serving as a reviewer include:
- Professional service at the national level (if up for promotion/tenure ~ this may be helpful).
- A chance to learn more about various aspects of volunteer management and program administration (through the act of reading and reviewing posted materials).
- Contributing to the development of a site that will support you and your fellow EMG Coordinators.
In order to ensure a rigorous review process, we ask that peer reviewers:
- Have at least 2 years' professional experience as a Master Gardener coordinator (at the state or county level),
- Follow through in a timely fashion, in completing all assigned reviews,
- Be fair and objective in a critical and thorough review of resources