PERSPECTIVE NEW MEMBERS
Applications will automatically be sent to eligible students beginning in mid-April. Please see the "Become a Member" tab for eligibility criteria.
Familiarize yourself with the by-laws! Please make sure you are doing your best to maintain the eligibility criteria. Any questions, please see Mrs. Brown in Room 216
Congrats to our new E-Board members!
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others" Mahatma Gandhi
NJHS Character Traits
- Character - Demonstrates the highest standards of honesty and reliability; shows courtesy, concern and respect for others; observes instructions and rules, punctuality and loyalty both in and out of the classroom.
- Citizenship - Student involvement in civic activities. Students demonstrate participation and responsibility through their involvement and activities such as scouting, community organizations or school activities.
- Leadership - students exercise influence on peers in upholding school ideas; contributes ideas that improve the civic life of the school; exemplified positive attitudes and inspires positive behavior in others; demonstrates academic initiative and responsibility.
- Service - Service consists of a student's selfless and consistent involvement and voluntary commitment of time and energy to a program outside of the school day that benefits a community/non-profit organization.
- Scholarship - Students must demonstrate academic excellence by maintaining Honor Roll status and receiving 3's or higher in all Process Grade strands (prepared for class, participates in class, submits work on time, completes classwork, teamwork).