Spring 2017 Application Deadline:
Friday, March 17, 2016 by 5:00 pm
To join CNU's chapter of Psi Chi you must:
- be enrolled as a student at CNU
- be registered as a psychology major or minor
- be at least a second-semester sophomore
- have completed at least 9 semester hours of psychology courses
- have a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.15 (if you are a graduate student minimum grad GPA requirement is 3.0)
- have a minimum psychology GPA of 3.0
- exhibit high standards of personal behavior
How to Apply
1. Complete the online Psi Chi Application Form
2. Submit a full copy of your transcripts printed from CNU live (including any transfer credits not reflected in your CNU GPA)
3. Submit payment of $100 (if paying with check, write your student ID on the check memo line)
- includes International headquarters dues, local chapter dues, graduation cords/medallion, and S&H costs
- Please note that members who joined prior to the Fall 2010 induction must purchase their graduation cords separately
4. Transcripts and payment must be secured inside a sealed envelope addressed to "Psi Chi" and submitted by the deadline date to the main Psychology office in Forbes 2022 for Dr. Niehaus, or to Dr. Niehaus' office in Forbes 2075.
5. Please direct any questions to President Isabelle Clough at email@example.com, Membership Lauren Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org, or faculty advisor Dr. Niehaus at email@example.com.
Membership certificate Membership pin Graduation cord/medallion
Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Join Psi Chi
- You will receive international recognition for academic excellence in psychology, an honor that can be noted on employment applications, vitaes, or resumes.
- Over $400,000 is available annually in awards and grants (including travel grants!) for undergraduates, graduates, faculty advisors, and chapters.
- All members receive free access to three great publications.
Involvement with a chapter promotes five major advantages.
- Psi Chi Journal of Psychological Research
- Eye on Psi Chi
- Psi Chi Digest
Local, regional, national, and international psychology conventions allow you to:
- leadership experiences
- valued friendships
- personalized education
- mentoring involvement
- community service
Psi Chi's online store allows you to purchase graduation regalia, apparel, jewelry, chapter supplies, and more to display your Psi Chi pride!
All Psi Chi memberships are for life! In fact, psichi.org includes a personal login account to help you stay connected to the organization and your specific chapter even after you graduate. With your membership login, you can:
- gain research presentation experiences
- receive certifications recognizing accomplishments at regional and national conventions
- attend educational programming about psychology, education, and career opportunities
- meet leading psychologists, students, and officers from other chapters
- learn from our distinguished lecturers and speak with them in person during a conversation hour after their lectures
Social media platforms provide limitless networking opportunities through Psi Chi’s membership-exclusive LinkedIn group, and public Facebook and Twitter pages.
A membership certificate is given to all members to recognize the honor of being a part of the Society.
The U.S. government accepts membership as one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level for numerous professional and technical occupations.
- view your chapter’s latest material including a calendar of upcoming events, photos, and a blog maintained by your officers and advisors
- manage your Psi Chi subscriptions
- see special Psi Chi offers
- download templates for member invitations, induction ceremonies, and poster sessions
- update your profile information
Join APS for a discounted membership rate of $25. Click here for details.
Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS).