Spring 2016 Deadline 3/18/16
Requirements and Application
To join CNU's chapter of Psi Chi you must:
- be enrolled as a student at CNU
- be registered as a psychology major or minor.
- be at least a second-semester sophomore
- have completed at least 9 semester hours of psychology courses
- have a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.15 (if you are a graduate student minimum grad GPA requirement is 3.0)
- have a minimum psychology GPA of 3.0
- exhibit high standards of personal behavior
1. Complete the online Psi Chi Application Form
2. Submit a full copy of your transcripts printed from CNU live (including any transfer credits not reflected in your CNU GPA)
3. Submit payment of $100
Transcripts and payment must be secured inside a sealed envelope addressed to "Psi Chi" and submitted in person to Dr Dow (Forbes 2033) or to the Psychology Office (Forbes 2022)
Dues of $100 includes International headquarters dues, local chapter dues, graduation cords/medallion, and S&H costs.
Please note that members who joined prior to the Fall 2010 induction must purchase their graduation cords separately. Contact the CNU Psi Chi induction officer
for further information on purchasing.
Benefits of joining include:
- Psi Chi Provides national recognition for academic excellence in
psychology, an honor which can be noted on employment applications,
vitae and resumes.
- Through membership in Psi Chi, students gain a sense of community
with others in psychology and an identification with the discipline.
- Psi Chi provides a local, regional and national form for obtaining
information and developing perspectives about the field of psychology,
learning about educational and career opportunities, and forming
meaningful professional networks.
- Having interaction with other students who have similar interests,
and service to the department and institution sponsoring Psi Chi.
- Members receive a membership card, certificate, and through chapter mailings, copies of Eye on Psi Chi.
- Psi Chi chapter activities provide students with valuable
opportunities to develop one-on-one relationships with professors who
can stimulate their interest in psychology, involve them in research
projects, and write meaningful letters of recommendation for them.
- Psi Chi encourages student research at the regional and national as
well as local levels through undergraduate and graduate research award
competitions and provides opportunities for students to present
research and receive certificates recognizing their accomplishments at
regional and national psychological association meetings.
- Psi Chi provides over $225,000 annually in awards and grants to its student members, faculty advisors, and chapters.
- Members receive a membership card and certificate, and, through chapter mailings, copies of Eye on Psi Chi. (Following graduation, members may subscribe to Eye on Psi Chi.
Join APS for a discounted membership rate of $25. Click here for details
Psi Chi is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies (ACHS),
Return to CNU Department of Psychology