- Chipotle Fundraiser- Tentatively Tuesday, April 4, at the Chipotle in the Patrick Henry Mall, 50% of all proceeds will go towards Psi Chi
- Fall 2016/Spring 2017 Inductions- Tuesday, April 11 @ 8:00pm in Forbes 1022, come out for the induction of our newest members, as well as a senior recognition for those about to graduate
- Graduate School Panel- Professors and alumni will participate in a panel open to the CNU community to discuss applying for graduate school in the field of psychology, date and time TBD
- Parade of Professors (Link to PowerPoint)- Sponsored by Psi Chi and CNU's Psychology Department. CNU Psychology Department faculty and student research assistants discuss their ongoing research programs, and the projects that they are currently working on. Students are encouraged to get involved in undergraduate research by patterning with a faculty member to run participants, run data, create posters, present at conferences, write research papers, and even get published. An excellent opportunity for students to get involved in undergraduate research to broaden their interests, discover what subfields of psychology they're passionate about, and increase their chances of getting into graduate school.
- Newport News Public School's Angel Tree- Psi Chi teams up with the Psychology Department and the Dean's Office to present the Newport News Public School's Angel Tree, which helps to provide gifts for local children who might not otherwise get a Christmas present. Students look at the paper ornaments on the tree in the Forbes lobby. They choose one to take that has a gift idea on it for a little girl or boy. Usually, the gift is clothes or perhaps a book. Students pick up that gift and drop it back off, with the ornament attached, to the Psychology Office.
- Inductions- Every year students who have applied for Psi Chi and meet the criteria for membership are invited to an inductions ceremony. Attendees include the Psi Chi officers, the Psi Chi faculty advisor (Dr. Niehaus), CNU Psychology Department faculty, a keynote speaker, and current Psi Chi members. New inductees are given their membership certificate and a membership pin, and are honored by the CNU Psychology community. To make this ceremony more special, only one is held per year (in the Spring semester) to honor both Fall and Spring inductees. Followed by a small reception.
Parade of Professors 2016
UNICEF Fundraiser 2011
Together we raised $131 or enough to give over 5,000 children clean water to drink.
Graduate School Symposium in Psychology and Neuroscience 2011
Brain Cupcakes Bake Sale 2011