Summer Theatre Opportunities
Although Lake Middle School does not sponsor any of its own summer theatre programs, students looking for continued theatre opportunities during the summer may want to explore some of the options below!
In District 833
Community Education offers a variety of enrichment classes throughout the summer. Their summer offerings will be coming out soon!
Merrill Community Arts Center offers 1, 2 and 3-week summer performing arts camp opportunities for beginners through advanced. Sing, Dance, Act, Perform – and Learn! Camps run June 12-August 25. Check out all the options for grades 1-12 and college students too! More info at www.merrillartscenter.org
Not in District 833 . . . but worth checking out!
The Phipps Center for the Arts in Hudson, WI (just across the border!) offers a variety of summer arts classes. Click here for their performing arts opportunities! Our own Ms. Tami will leading a course in July! (Click here for a direct link.)
Ashland Productions Ashland Productions offers numerous summer camp opportunities for students in grades K-12. A variety of one-week and two-week camps are available for campers throughout the summer. Ashland Summer Camp campers will meet new friends, learn more about acting, dancing, and singing, laugh alongside our counselor staff, and experience the thrill of performing! More info at http://www.ashlandproductions.org/summer-camps-2017/
The Zephyr Theatre in Stillwater has a number of educational/performing opportunities for students, including a summer production of The Lion King, Jr. for students entering grades 3-8. More info at
AUDITION OPPORTUNITY August, 2019
- The Phipps Center for the Arts in Hudson, WI will be auditioning actors in grades 7 - 9 (2019-20 school year) for SLEEPING BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, directed by Tami Provencher
- Auditions will be Monday, August 12 & Tuesday, August 13 from 6 - 8:30 pm. Callbacks, if needed, are Thursday, August 15 from 6 - 8 pm.
- Go to the website www.thephipps.org to schedule an audition slot
- Rehearsals begin August 19th and will be mostly evenings M, T, Th, F at The Phipps--possibly some weekend rehearsals.
- Show runs October 4 - 13, 2019