WHAT TO EXPECT AT AUDITIONS
for the Spring Musical 2020 DEAR EDWINA JR
AUDITIONS FOR DEAR EDWINA JR
TUESDAY, JANUARY 21st & WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 22nd 2:30-4:30pm
CALLBACKS ON FRIDAY, JANUARY 24th 2:30 -4:30pm
FIRST REHEARSAL/READ THRU ON MONDAY, JANUARY 27TH 2:40 -4:30pm
TO AUDITION FOR DEAR EDWINA JR
1. Obtain a Lake Middle School ACTOR Audition form. These can be found: (1)in a folder on the Theatre Door beginning in January 2020; or (2) download & print from this site.
2. Sign up for an Audition time on Tuesday OR Wednesday of Audition week. The sign-up sheet is posted on the Theatre door in January 2020.
3. Show up on whichever day you signed up to audition
A. Bring ACTOR Audition form SIGNED by a parent/guardian. If you do not have an Audition Form signed by a parent/guardian we CANNOT allow you to audition.
B. Dress comfortably
C. Be prepared to read sides from the script for the Director
D. Be prepared to sing audition piece [MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE] for Music Director
- You will audition with a small group of actors (usually 5 - 8)
- The first thing we will do is a short physical improvisation. Along with others in your small group you will be given a scenario written on an index card. Your job is to act out that scene together WITHOUT props or sound so that an audience member could tell me verbatim (word for word) what was written on your card.
- Then you will read from the script. Each actor will read for at least 2 distinctly different roles
- Will sing audition piece [MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE] as a group for practice
- Sing audition piece[MY COUNTRY TIS OF THEE] individually
4. Callback List will be posted online by 9pm Wednesday, January 22nd. There will also be a printed list posted on the Theatre door by 7am on Thursday, January 23rd.
5. If your name appears on the Callback List, attend Callbacks 2:30-4:30 on Friday, January 24th
At Callbacks you may do some or all of the following:
- read specific role(s) from script
- sing specific song(s) from the show
- learn and perform a short dance combination in small groups
**IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT CALLBACKS
- Getting a callback does NOT mean you are necessarily cast in the show
- NOT getting a callback doesn't mean you are NOT cast in the show
- Callbacks are simply an opportunity for directors to see actors in different combinations and to see more of an actor's specific abilities (acting, singing and/or dancing)
6. Cast List will be posted on the website by 9pm Friday, January 24th. There will be a printed list posted on the Theatre door by 7am on Monday, January 27th.
CLICK ON LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD ACTOR AUDITION FORM
TO APPLY FOR SET OR TECH CREW
- Obtain a Lake Middle School CREW Application form. These can be found: (1) in a folder on the wall outside the Theatre door beginning January 2020; or (2) download & print from this site.
2. Attend CREW Meeting Tuesday, January 28, 2020 from 2:30 - 3:30 in the Stage Area
Bring a completed CREW Application Form, signed by a parent/guardian
3. CREW list will be posted online by 8pm Wednesday, January 29, 2020
4. SET CREW will begin rehearsals on Thursday, January 30, 2020
5. TECH CREW (Sound & Lights) will begin rehearsals on Monday, March 23, 2020