Technique classes are taught in a small group setting and are grouped by instrument to address instrument-specific technique and skills. They are designed to teach students the techniques and skills necessary to play a specific instrument and the unique qualities/complexities of that instrument when it is performed.
- Instrument-specific instruction
- Development of individual performance skills:
- Tone production
- Range, flexibility and control development
- Understanding of instrument care, maintenance, and mechanics
- Individual playing time with specific feedback from teacher