Welcome to a fun and learning intensive experience! BOB is a statewide reading challenge at three levels (elementary 4-6, middle 6-8, and high school 9-12.) Students read books deeply so that they retain information about plot, character, theme, setting, and other elements.
- 20 book list for students to read and discuss as you choose
- Students work in teams of 2, 3, or 4.
- A Moodle site for students & advisors to practice and share ideas
- A culminating statewide, online “battle” to find the teams who know the books the best
- Register your team(s)
- Buy the books. List available June 1st.
- Let students read, read, read!
- Practice on the Moodle site (all questions are in the following format: Q: In what book does a boy find out he is the son of powerful wizards? A: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
- To build love of reading
- To encourage students to read books they might not have chosen
- To engage students in an academic competition
- To connect schools and teachers across the state
- To have fun!