1/7: Happy New Year! Iowa results from Grade 3 should be available by the end of the month.
12/17: Results from Fall testing for Grades 4 and 5 are in! Third grade CogAt scores are in! If you have any questions about interpreting the results, please let me know.
11/20: Whoops! Looks like there is a bit of a hold-up at Riverside, the publishers of CogAt and Iowa. We might be waiting for our results from the Fall testing window for 4th and 5th graders for a while. The delay may also impact third grade results. Hoping for a quick resolution....
11/6 Congratulations to Conn's third graders for completing the third part of the CogAt test. Results should be sent home within 30 days.
10/30: CogAt testing for third graders will take place the second week in November. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
9/23: Parents of third grade students- take note of the delayed CogAt start this year. We will be testing in November and not October this year.
8/29/19 Welcome back to a brand new school year! I am actually loving my new home in Modulular 5 Room 4. The AIG room is bright and spacious- perfect for all of those Math and ELA anchor charts! A few dates to note as we start the school year:
- Fall Testing Window: Nominations of 4th and 5th grade AIG and second-area candidates are accepted at any time. However, to be considered for referral for testing in October, nominations must be received by October 3. Fall testing for referred candidates will be held each day at 9:30 AM October 14-18. Results from testing will be available by early December.
- Tuesday,9/3/19: Explorers and Second Grade Junior Explorers begin
- Friday,9/6/19 AIG classes cancelled due to Wake County AIG meeting
- Monday,9/9/19 DEP meeting for parents of identified 4th/5th AIG students. 8:00 or 1:15 in Modular 5 Room 4
- Tuesday 9/10/19 Information session for any parents and students interested in joining Conn's Science Olympiad teams. 8:00 in Modular 5 Room 4
- Wednesday, 9/11/19: Information session for parents and students interested in joining Conn's Odyssey of the Mind teams
- Friday, 9/13: Information session for parents on any K-3 students at Conn interested in learning about the Wake County Explorer Program and ongoing enrichment at Conn.
- Third grade CogAts will be administered in November. Dates pending.
- Eligible third grade students will take the Iowa battery in December. Dates pending.