Standard V: Teacher leadership specialists engage in and facilitate reflective practice.
Element a. Teacher leadership specialists assess the effectiveness of the support they provide and revise their practices based on findings.
- Identifies data needed to measure their effectiveness.
- Collects a variety of data to demonstrate the effectiveness of professional development.
- Analyzes data using appropriate techniques.
- Interprets data findings.
- Develops new strategies for providing services based on analysis of effectiveness data.
- Applies findings to the development of professional growth goals and the improvement of professional practice.
Element b. Teacher leadership specialists base their own professional development activities on the needs of those they serve.
- Student learning needs.
- Professional development needs of the educators they serve.
Participates in professional development activities to support the needs of:
- Anticipates needs of educators and students and aligns professional development to meet those needs.
- Advocates at the district level for professional development aligned with educator and student needs.
Element c. Teacher leadership specialists facilitate reflective practice in others.
- Discusses the benefits of reflective practice with the educators they serve.
Develops educator capacity to:
- Collect various types of data from multiple sources.
- Analyze data using appropriate techniques.
- Interpret data findings.
- Apply findings to the development of instructional strategies to everyday classroom practice.
- Models reflective practice.
- Designs a system for regular self-reflection and feedback.
Standard 5, Element a
Teacher leadership specialists assess the effectiveness of the support they provide and revise their practices based on findings.
· Make decisions based upon data/feedback given from schools.
· Utilize exit surveys and session evaluations to impact future presentation content and styles.
· Follow up with educators to gain feedback on the effectiveness of recommendations/support session.
Standard 5, Element b
Teacher leadership specialists base their own professional development activities on the needs of those they serve.
· Stay abreast of current research in education.
· Attend a conference and share out new resources and strategies with educators.
· Identify the top needs of educators and the students they serve and attend professional development around those needs to bring that information back to support those educators.
· Assess needs of schools and design quality professional development around the needs and/or wants of the schools.
Standard 5, Element c
Teacher leadership specialists facilitate reflective practice in others.
· Model reflection protocols when working with other teacher leaders.
· Provide reflective questions and describe appropriate responses for use in conversation and conferring.
· Lead a group of mentors through reflective practices by engaging the concepts of supportive feedback and challenging questioning.
· Develop capacity in other educators around the use of data to drive planning, instruction, and assessment.