Standard IV: Teacher leadership specialists facilitate the growth and development of educators.
Element a. Teacher leadership specialists deliver a continuum of support strategies to maximize educator effectiveness.
- Collaborates with educators to develop short term and long term professional development goals
- Utilizes a repertoire of support strategies ranging from direct support to empowering support.
- Differentiates intensity of support to match educators’ needs.
- Develops and implements strategies and structures for sustaining supportive and continuous professional growth.
Element b. Teacher leadership specialists employ a variety of resources to help educators improve their effectiveness.
- Helps educators gather instructional resources.
- Makes relevant professional resources available to educators.
- Stimulates peer sharing of instructional and professional resources.
- Builds and maintains an easily accessible collection of professional resources.
Context- My Google site and my Google Blogger site house resources for teachers and students.
Rationale - these resources help teachers become equipped with digital resources that can improve their effectiveness. These resources come with an offer to be trained by my team and I . We also can offer to model how to use these resources with students. Modeling technology incorporation allows teachers to see this practice in action. Some of my resources are videos called Spotlight on Digital Resources. These videos feature high quality technology integration.
Reflection - I am still building out my resources. What I have learned is that teachers need to be exposed to them. In my opinion a grassroots approach works best. For example, if I can work with one teacher, PLT, or department and get them excited and modeling the practice of technology integration I can hope they will motivate the staff they work with.
Element c. Teacher leadership specialists effectively employ appropriate and available technology as they support educators.
- Identifies and supports the use of appropriate and available technology.
- Models and facilitates the use of appropriate and available instructional technology in lesson development.
- Capitalizes on the technology skills and resources available to educators.
- Creates opportunities for educators to share and showcase emerging technology applications on a regular basis.
Context- these are videos that feature teachers and students using technology to engage students and enhance learning experiences.
Rationale -these videos demonstrate technology integration. Anyone at any school can be featured in them. They can be easily shared and will be made available on a regular basis.
Reflection - I have filmed a few of these. I have not gotten much feedback on them. I think they are too long. I would like to make them shorter and add in plugs for DLCs, where applicable.
Element d. Teacher leadership specialists incorporate the Framework for 21st Century Learning to enhance educators’ instructional planning and assessment.
- Encourages educators to incorporate 21st Century learning skills and knowledge into their practice.
- Practices and models problem-solving skills in response to instructional planning and assessment analysis.
- Assists educators in developing planning and assessment strategies that incorporate 21st Century learning.
- Facilitates the identification and/ or development of new and innovative strategies to improve student achievement.
Standard 4, Element a
Teacher leadership specialists deliver a continuum of support strategies to maximize educator effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with educators.
- Assist beginning teachers through professional development during monthly support sessions.
- Model a lesson to provide exemplar instruction.
- Co-Teach with follow up reflections.
- Lesson plan with an educator or PLT.
- Develop and maintain communication with educators and administrators.
- Maintain and make available print and digital resources for instruction based upon district practices and initiatives.
- Support educators in identifying appropriate professional development.
- Attend an observation with a teacher and facilitate the introduction of new strategies from the observation into the teacher’s classroom.
Standard 4, Element b
Teacher leadership specialists employ a variety of resources to help educators improve their effectiveness.
· Maintain and make available print and digital resources for instruction based upon district practices and initiatives.
· Model instruction including new resources.
· Conduct an observation of a student and provide recommendations of strategies to the educator.
Standard 4, Element c
Teacher leadership specialists effectively employ appropriate and available technology as they support educators.
· Utilize appropriate and available technology when supporting an educator.
· Assist an educator in implementing new technology tools into their classroom.
· Provide educators with a list of recommended trainings to attend that address available technologies.
· Coordinate resources such as assistive technology to support educators’ support of students.
· Effectively communicate via email, phone, etc.
· Host webinars, Google hangouts, or YouTube live events or other examples of face to face
Standard 4, Element d
Teacher leadership specialists incorporate the Framework for 21st Century Learning to enhance educators’ instructional planning and assessment.
· Assist an educator in implementing the 4 Cs (Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, and Critical Thinking) in their daily instruction.
· Use a 4 Cs rubric to review instructional practices.
· Assist an educator in implementing the Mathematical Practices and/or Scientific and Engineering Practices.