Gr. 6 LAL
MacKinnon Middle School
137 E. Central Ave.
Wharton, NJ 07885
Supplies needed by Tuesday, 9/3/19:
SCHOOLWIDE DAILY SUPPLIES for all core classes:
- pencil pouch containing pencils, pens (red + blue or black), highlighters (2-3 colors), earbuds (preferably WITH MICROPHONE), glue stick
- 2-pocket homework folder
SUPPLY LIST FOR LAL gr. 6-8:
- 3-5 packs of Post Its – 3X3 or larger
- (2) two-pocket folders
- 1 1/2” 3-ring binder
- 1 set of 5 subject dividers with pockets
- 1-subject spiral notebook (3-hole punched to fit inside 3-ring binder)
- 2 marble composition books (standard size 7.5 x 9.75 inches)
- Earbuds/ Headphones
Need book ideas for middle school readers?
9/18/17: Although student online access to our current LAL Literature book is no longer available from Prentice Hall, this website gives access to students for self-tests on each story, background on authors/stories, and independent research ideas.
SUMMER READING PROJECT - Be ready to participate in small group literature circle discussions during the first week of school!
Welcome to class!
Days 1-3 independent activities:
- log into Google Classroom
- complete the online student interest inventory; due Fri., 9/8/17
- preview the classroom syllabus; parents sign p. 5 and return by Fri., 9/15/17
- preview the classroom website
- select 3 adjectives that describe you and then create your personal collage
- begin independent reading and log into Whooosreading.com
- begin friendly letter to self? Use the Friendly Letter format (scroll down past the Business letter to the Friendly letter):
Days 1-3 whole group/small group activities:
- set up notebooks and supplies
- "Why You Need English Class" humorous examples
- JENGA introductory game
- "Monster" poem + tea party
- "Autobiography in Five Short Chapters" poem