East Zone DSTA-DSO Robotics Challenge 2019 (2 Aug)
Invitation to participate in East Zone DSTA-DSO Robotics Challenge 2019
- The East Zone Science & Technology Centre @ VJC is organizing the 2019 East Zone DSTA-DSO Robotics Challenge on 2 Aug 2019 (Friday), as part of the centre’s effort to inspire and create greater interest in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math during the newly revised STEM Festival (formerly known as Science Carnival@VJC). The purpose of the Challenge is to provide students with opportunities to exercise their creativity and problem-solving skills in the field of robotics, so that they may develop in these important areas.
- The website for this year’s Challenge is at:
- We are pleased to extend our invitation to your school to participate in this competition. The competition this year promises to be more challenging and varied than previous years. Please see Annexes B1 and B2 for the details.
- Schools may register for the Challenge at the above Challenge website. Online registration must be done by Saturday 15 June 2019. All teams will be notified by email upon the receipt of their applications.
- Prizes and medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions for each of the four categories of the Exploration Challenge, namely
- Heavy Robots category (Primary School),
- Heavy Robots category (Secondary School),
- Light Robots category (Primary School), and
- Light Robots category (Secondary School).
- Prizes and medals will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd positions for each of the Primary and Secondary School categories of the Autonomous Challenge.
- Annex A (Rules and Regulations) and Annexes B1 and B2 (Challenge description and Judging Criteria) are attached.
- For enquiries, please email the organizer at email@example.com.
- We look forward to your support and an enjoyable learning experience for your students. We hope that the students will participate in the spirit of fun and learning.