Christian Association of Parent Educators
What is C.A.P.E.?
The Christian Association of Parent Educators, or CAPE, is a nonprofit, nondenominational, Christian organization, made up of parent volunteers. CAPE’s mission is to support, serve, and connect homeschool families in the greater Yakima Area. We serve families from Ellensburg to Sunnyside.
CAPE is governed by a board of at least five directors who are required to sign a statement of faith.
CAPE serves families who are just beginning their homeschool journey and have infant children through those getting ready to graduate!
If you are new to homeschooling and have questions about our group or homeschooling in general, please contact us.
- To offer resources and support to homeschooling parents through meetings and mentoring.
- To encourage educational growth for parents through workshops, speakers, informational meetings.
- To aid the social and educational growth of home schooled children through planned activities.
- To assist prospective homeschooling parents in making an informed choice.
- To facilitate an informed community awareness of homeschooling.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- There is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus. (I Timothy 2:5)
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (II Timothy 3:16)
- By grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)
- If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (Romans 10:9-10)
- Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19)