CAPPA is an organization composed of Pupil Services Administrators from around the state coming together three times a year to share best practices, brainstorm solutions to the challenges we all face, and establish a strong network with other colleagues with PSS/CWA/Special Education responsibilities.
II. CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- Program administrator from a California Public School
- Administrative responsibility for three (3) or more of the following services:
Counseling, Health Services, School Psychology, School Social Work, Discipline (Expulsions), Special Education,
Prevention and Intervention, At-Risk Students, Safe and Drug Free Schools, Child Welfare and Attendance
- County and State personnel are eligible if they have responsibilities for three or more services listed above.
- Retired active members of CAPPA.
III. MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS
Members are required to pay an annual fee. There is a maximum of two members from each California District, not including past CAPPA Chairpersons.
If no notice or communication is received and a member misses three consecutive meetings, the treasurer and secretary may delete that name from future mailings.
To help defray meeting expenses, members are assessed a nominal fee each year.
- A new vice-chairperson will be selected annually.
- Secretary and Treasurer positions are appointed indefinitely.
- Chairperson selection will rotate between Northern and Southern California.
- A nominating committee will be appointed by the Chairperson at the winter meeting to report at the next meeting.