Westside's Battle of the Books
Registration has ended! If you haven't received any emails from us, please check your spam filter. All emails will be sent through firstname.lastname@example.org
A total of 58 teams representing all 10 elementary schools have registered for the 2018 Battle of the Books!
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions! Have questions that aren't covered on our FAQ page? Please contact: email@example.com
Mark your calendar - the battle will be held on Saturday, March 24, 2018 at Westside Middle School.
All 4th–6th graders in Westside Community Schools are invited to participate in the Battle of the Books. Students form teams of 3-5 students and participate in a quiz bowl-style competition. Even though teams may have 5 students, at most 4 students may compete in any round.
Each team is guaranteed at least 2 rounds of competition. Since this is a team event, individual students do not have to read all the books on the list in order to participate.
Finalized List of Books for the 2017-2018 Battle
1. My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George
2. Redwall by Brian Jacques
3. Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones
4. Masterminds by Gordon Korman
5. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
6. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
7. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
8. Wonder by R. J. Palacio
9. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
11. Love, Ruby Lavender by Deborah Wiles
12. The Castle in the Attic by Elizabeth Winthrop
All of these books are available from your school library. The following books are also available to check out through Westside's Digital Library:
Masterminds by Gordon Korman
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry