PO Box 1578
Eugene, OR 97440
Interested in becoming a volunteer? Join us at one of our monthly patrol meetings. Each month we will cover important patrol/facilities information as well as trainings useful for all members.
We meet the 3rd Wednesday of each month* from October through April. All meetings are 7:00-8:30p at Lane Community College, Building 4, Room 106. (*unless otherwise noted)
2019-2020 Season Meetings:
- October 16* - Pegasus Pizza, 790 E 14th Ave, Eugene - 6:30p
- November 20 - Lane Community College - 7p
- December 18 - Lane Community College - 7p
- January 15* - Winter Social - 16 Tons Beer and Wine, 265 E. 13th Ave, Eugene - 7p (Per OLCC children are not permitted, doors close at 10:00p) . Beer and wine is available for purchase. Please bring a potluck dinner/snack to share. We are permitted to bring in nonalcoholic beverages. Patrol will provide cheesecake dessert
- February 19 - Lane Community College - 7p
- March 18 - Lane Community College - 7p
- April 15* - Season Celebration - TBA
We are Forest Service volunteers patrolling out of the Gold Lake Snow Park about 30 miles past Oakridge a half mile before the Willamette Pass Ski resort. If you are a cross country skier or on snowshoes be sure to stop in the cabin and ask about joining us. We provide training and a lot of fun. We also welcome volunteers from the Bend/Sunriver/La Pine area.
Crystal joined the patrol in 2014 and is one of several NSP members that patrol on snow shoes. In the off-season she enjoys hiking/backpacking & paddleboarding. She works for a nonprofit that does community development in rural Senegal, Africa.
Joseph joined the patrol in 1991.
He is responsible for all patrol training except OEC (medical)
He is a retired meteorologist. Loves to travel and is an avid gardener.
Past Patrol Director