London School of Economics
Department of MathematicsHoughton Street, London, WC2A 2AE, UKColumbia building, office 2.08📪 v dot lastname at lse dot ac dot uk
Office hours: Wednesdays 11:00 to 12:00, Fridays 14:00 to 15:00.
- The week of 6-10 January 2020 will be the XV Summer School on Discrete Maths in Valparaiso, Chile, for grad and advanced undergrad students. This year the courses are on recent advances for TSP (Anke van Zuylen), sample complexity for learning and data analysis (Eli Upfal) and hyperbolic random graphs (Dieter Mitsche). Applications can be sent here !
- I'm visiting the Econ & Computation group at U Liverpool the last week of June 2019.
- I'm visiting the IFOR group at ETH Zurich the first week of June 2019.
- I'm visiting the CSLog group at U Bremen for one week, May 2019.
- I'm visiting the CS department at ULB in Brussels for one week, April 2019.
- Our work Breaking symmetries to rescue SoS: The case of makespan scheduling (with J. Verschae), has been accepted at IPCO 2019.
I have a broad interest in theoretical computer science and operations research. I'm very enthusiastic about working on related questions from a basic and an applied (or applicable?) point of view, do not hesitate in contact me if you are interested!
During my thesis project I tried to contribute on the understanding of approximation limits from the lens of convex optimization techniques for combinatorial problems, noisy computation and estimation, and online optimization in the context of pricing/optimal stopping.
Recently, I'm exploring algorithmic and economic aspects of problematics arising from dynamic interaction in social networks and markets.
I hold a joint PhD in Computer Science from École normale supérieure and Universidad de Chile (June 2018).
I did my undergrad and MSc studies at UChile, in Applied Math and Operations Management.