Pitching for Funding Event
- Submit Application
- Evaluation Process
Pitching for Funding event updates:
- Event date March 6, 2018
- Equity Investment Awards announced for three startups
- Link to Term Sheet for Potential Equity Investment
- Link to Event Flyer
- Link to Judge's Feedback form
10 Contestants will be chosen from a larger group of Startup Applicants by the Event Judging Committee (“Committee”) after the Applications have been reviewed.
Each Contestant will pitch for three minutes and will answer questions from the Committee (and from any possible audience members not affiliated with the Contestants).
Three Equity Funding Investments will be granted (these are straight cash investments for Equity, whether for company stock or LLC partnership units),... not notes or bonds, which usually have fixed interest or dividend payments due to investors:
1) $ 5,000 for 2% of company Equity
2) $ 3,000 for 2% of company Equity
3) $ 2,000 for 2% of company Equity
Cash amounts representing 1/3rd of the total Investment will be made at the date of completion of each of three milestones which the Contestants will have proposed to the Committee and which the Committee will have agreed. Investment Agreements will be made available on this website well before the Event.
Good luck to all !
Pitching Suggestions for Startups
- Introductions: your name, names of any co-founders and name of your startup.
- Provide a brief description of what your business does and your target customers.
- What is the problem or issue that your business solves, and what is the solution?
- Give a brief description of your competition.
- How do you, or what are your plans to gain customers?
- If you have revenue, describe how it is earned.
- What are the next two milestones for your startup?
Please submit your event application using the below form:
Venture Products Group (VPG) will evaluate "Pitching for Funding" business proposal submissions as follows:
Candidates to submit a one-page summary overview with required information. Online submissions accepted via 'Submit Proposal' form. Registrants can also email submission form.
VPG will review and reply, as needed, regarding next possible steps.
Candidates who have been selected as Contestants will be notified by March 2nd (possibly earlier) that they are invited to pitch at the VPG "Pitching for Funding" event on March 6th.