BECOME PART OF A GREAT WRESTLING TRADITION
This year we will be doing online registrations!
(Both steps must be completed)
Note: Your child must be 5 Years old as of November 13, 2017 and at least in Kindergarten.
Step 1: Register with USA Wrestling
- ($41.00 USA Wrestling Membership)
- Registration with USA Wrestling is required for insurance purposes and to allow your child to participate in tournaments. Even if you are not sure if you are going to participate in tournaments, you must register with USA Wrestling. Note: When you register with USA Wrestling, make sure you select “Tri Cap Wrestling Club” for the club.
- New wrestlers will be required to upload their birth certificate.
- Please make note of your USA Wrestling Membership ID. You will need to enter it when you complete step 2 (Tri Cap Registration).
- USA Wrestling registration website
Step 2: Complete the Tri Cap Online Registration
- ($75.00 dues)
- These are dues for the Tri Cap Wrestling Club (2017-2018 Season).
- Tri Cap Registration website
Not sure about joining quite yet? Come to the “Try It” practice for new wrestlers and a New Parent Meeting on November 20th at 6:30 in the Helias Wrestling Rooms before you register!
- Shorts and T-Shirt (no zippers or buttons) will be fine for your child to practice in.
- If your child does not have wrestling shoes yet, socks will do.
Regular practices start November 27th at 6:15 in the Helias Wrestling Rooms with a Mandatory Parent meeting at 6:30. We require at least one parent or guardian from each family in attendance at this meeting to review wrestler expectations, club calendar, procedures, required parent work responsibilities and answer questions from parents.
What is provided with your TRI-CAP Wrestling Club registration?
- Coaching at all practices
- Entry Fees for up to four USA Wrestling tournaments per month
- Singlet (wrestler returns)
- $40 deposit check required - it will be returned when singlet is returned
- TRI-CAP Spirit Wear (wrestler keeps)
- Coaching at all club sponsored tournaments
The following information is required to join TRI-CAP:
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- required only if you have not submitted one in a previous year
- USA Wrestling Membership
- Completed online TRI-CAP registration
- USA Wrestling Waiver & Medical form (link in Tri Cap registration confirmation email)
- Copy of recent sports physical
- $40 Singlet Deposit
Wrestling Gear Deposit
A deposit is required for the team singlet issued to each wrestler. This team singlet is required to be worn at all wrestling tournaments. The deposit will be issued in the form of a $40 check that will be held un-cashed throughout the season and returned or destroyed upon return of a CLEAN singlet(s) to the club. Equipment returns are typically scheduled during the March/April timeframe at the end of the season. The exact date will be announced at a later time.
Gear NOT provided by TRI-CAP
- Wrestling shoes
- Mouth guard (required with braces)
These items can be purchased at your local sporting goods store or on-line.
Headgear and shoes are a necessity and should be purchased early in the season!!