Stillman Valley High School
Current as of 11/14/17
- Practices on Tuesday and Thursday after school in the library or library hallway after school.
- Optional Junior High practices on Wednesdays, Mr. Hall's Room.
- Meets and Tournaments - Members must attend at least two conference tournaments and attend SECTIONALS to be eligible to attend the state meet in February.
NEW THIS YEAR – MOST MEETS WILL BE ON MONDAYS AFTER SCHOOL!!
- Monday, December 4th – Meet at Jefferson HS after school versus Freeport and Sterling
- Monday, December 11th – Meet at Freeport HS after school versus Byron and one more match(ranked)
- Saturday, January 13, 2018 – NICL Conference Tournament at Jefferson HS – all day event
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 – Team SECTIONALS to qualify for State Tournament
- Friday and Saturday, February 9 & 10, 2018 – IHSA State Tournament in Peoria
A few Saturday tournaments to be determined will be added in the fall.
ELIGIBILITY is important! Stay on top of your grades!
This is how we raise money for the team. If you don't participate in concessions you may be charged an additional fee to attend state. In order to be considered to attend state chess meet in February, you must help at concessions.
Dates: Tues. 11/28/17; Mon. 12/18/17; Fri. 1/12/18; Tues. 1/30/18
Team Stats - 6 - 1