Teaching Young Men Excellence Foundation (T.Y.M.E.)
Program contact: (800) 211-5535
We develop positive young male leaders to prevent the rise in gang affiliation, juvenile crime, and high dropout rates. Through our Boys to Men Enrichment Program, we offer tutoring, extracurricular activities, and counseling. After attending the program these boys will value education, be more confident, and have a positive perspective for the future.
The T.Y.M.E. Foundation is an organization based on the principle of teaching young men excellence. “Boys to Men” is the T.Y.M.E Foundations’ youth outreach program centered at LAUSD’s John Muir Middle School that serves the metro Los Angeles area.
The Boys to Men Enrichment program was founded on three principles: scholastic achievement through tutoring; character building through extra-curricular activities and events; and personal development through counseling, leadership seminars, and community service.
Our goal is to assist inner city male youths in developing good judgment, self-esteem, integrity, and self-sufficiency as they matriculate from boys to young men.
We are making a difference!
Since 2003, the “Boys to Men” enrichment program:
- Has aided over 5000 inner-city male youths from the African-American and Latino communities.
- Received Certificate of Recognition by the Los Angeles City Council for their community involvement
- Was part of a major fundraising drive to raise money for The American Red Cross Hurricane Katrina Fund
- Joined with The Faith in Christ Ministries to feed the Homeless during Thanksgiving 2005
- Acknowledged and visited by Los Angeles City Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa now a candidate Governor
- Received Certificate of Appreciation by UTLA for their volunteer service at the African American Education Committee Conference