Schedule for textAV event 19-20-21 July 2017
subject to change. Join #textav_event in hyperaud.io slack to keep up to date with any changes.
Day 1 /* 19 July 2017 */
9.30 AM // Breakfast
10-10.30 AM // Welcome + Warm Up
Quick welcome + a chance to get to know who is in the room, expect to stand up :)
10.30-11.30 AM // Presentations
- Interactive Transcripts (Overview) & hyperaud.io // Mark Boas, Hyperaud.io
- Object-based Broadcasting: A Brief Overview //Chris Baume , BBC R&D
- Tv Archive AI pipeline // Internet Archive, Dan Schultz
- 🔪✅⬇️ (Annotations models) // Blaine Cook, Condé Nast
11.30-12.15 AM // Facilitate round table on problem domains
Facilitated overview of problem areas identified. Problem/opportunities for the tech and semi/actionable opportunity for us together, writing a standard, a library, create interoperability, etc.
12.15 - 1.30 PM // Lunch
1.30 - 4.30 PM // Knowledge share Presentations
- oTranscribe // Elliot Bentley, WSJ
- WebAv // Alex Norton, BBC News Labs
- Interactive Transcription // Joanna S. Kao, FT
- PopUp Archive & Audiosear.ch, search API for podcasts // Bailey Smith, PopUp Archive
- Opened Captions: Real Time Caption API // Dan Schultz, Internet Archive
- Opened Captions annotated articles //Ryan Mark, Vox Media
- Microsoft STT & Cognitive Services // Heather Shapiro, Microsoft
- From Spoken Word To Sheet Music // Brian Foo
- FrameTrail // Joscha Jäger, Open HyperVideo
- The Problem domain with Archives // Dave Rice, CUNY TV / Steven, Villereal University of Virginia Library
4.30 - 5.00 PM // Planning for next day
Based on presentations so far, conversation about how we can collaborate and add value.
Day 2 /* 20 July 2017 */
9.30 AM // Breakfast
10 -11 AM // Presentations
- Captions and TV Archives // Tracey Jaquith, Internet Archive
- YouTube for Publishers (Europe) at the Guardian // Gideon Goldberg, The Guardian
- Extending audiogram with automated transcriptions // Alex Norton, BBC News Labs
- "You Say 'Tomato', I say 'Tomato' ", lessons learnt from the Palestinian Remix // Laurian Gridinoc, Hyperaud.io
- Text-based audio editing in radio production, BBC Dialogger // Chris Baume, BBC R&D
- autoEdit v2 // Pietro Passarelli, autoEdit.io
11 - 12.15 PM // Unconference planning
In unconference style there will be some time for participants to chose and discuss which projects/topics they'd like to discuss and get involved with for the rest of the event. Topics projects and problem domains from textAV trello board.
Groups hack on their domains / topics (eg more documentation, new prototype, refactor module into standalone component from existing project, et etc).
Where possible we encourage you to look through the textAV trello board some time before the event and engage with the participants on the hyperaud.io slack to reach out to the people behind the projects/topics/problem domains you find most interesting or are curious about.
12.15 - 1.30PM // Lunch
1.30 - 5.00 PM // Unconference
Socialising IN a place NEARBY TBC - Optional
6 PM // Socialising in a place nearby TBC - Optional
We can meet for informal Socialising drinks/food in a place nearby tbc
Day 3 /* 21 July 2017 */
9.30 AM //Breakfast
10 - 12.15 AM //Unconference
Continuing from day 2 groups hack on their domains / topics (eg more documentation, new prototype, refactor module into standalone component from existing project, et etc)
12.15 - 1.30 AM //Lunch
13:30 - 3.00 PM //Unconference
groups Continuing hack on their domains / topics (eg more documentation, new prototype, refactor module into standalone component from existing project, et etc)
3.00 - 4.00 PM //Documentation
Groups wrap up what they have been working on, and where appropriate produce some kind of documentation to leave a record of what they have been up to. As well as to setup any further future collaboration on the subject.
This can vary depending on what you and your group have decided to focus on. If you are unsure about what form the documentation should take, reach out to the organisers for some friendly advise :)
4.00 - 5.00 PM //Presentations
Groups present what they have been working on to everyone else. Roadmap and vision.