Takanori Komatsu, Ph.D.
Takanori Komatsu, Ph.D. / 小松孝徳
- is a cognitive scientist, an associate professor at FMS, Meiji University, and just a cyclist.
- was born in Chiba, Japan 1974.
- uses twitter, facebook and strava.
Latest News (12/Dec/2017)
- Our paper "Vibrational Artificial Subtle Expressions: Conveying System’s Confidence Level to Users by Means of Smartphone Vibration" has been conditionally accepted for inclusion in the 2018 ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI'18) Papers program. Well done!!
- 1997: Bachelor of Engineering, Department of Mechanical Engineering II, Shibaura Institute of Technology, Japan
- 2003: Ph.D. in Cognitive Science, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- 1997-1999: Guest Researcher, TU Wien and Profactor GmbH, Austria
- 2001-2003: Junior Research Associate: RIKEN brain science institute, Japan
- 2003-2007: Research Associate, School of Systems Information Science, Future University-Hakodate, Japan
- 2007-2011: Assistant Professor, Young Researcher Empowerment Project, Shinshu University, Japan
- 2012: Associate Professor, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Shinshu University, Japan
- 2013-present: Associate Professor, Department of Frontier Media Science (FMS), School of Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences, Meiji University, Japan
- Simple but effective notifications for users
- Artificial Subtle Expressions
- Auditory Displays
- Moral Human-Robot Interaction
- Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Agent Interaction, and Cognitive Science
- See Research Gate and Google Citation Index
- You will see me at CogSci, HAI or CHI conferences.
- Program Co-chairs on HAI2017, HAI2018
- Workshop and Tutorial Co-chairs on IUI2018
- Publication Chair on AH2014, iHAI2013
- Program Committee on IVA2018-2010, ICSR2011, HAI2014-2016
- tkomat [at] meiji [dot] ac [dot] jp
- Office: 4-21-1 Nakano, Tokyo 1648525, Japan