Read about the building of Sutton Place, the local manor house built by Sir Richard Weston from 1521, in Iain Wakefords guide.
Or take a longer look by reading "Annals of an old manor-house Sutton Place, Guildford" by Frederic Harrison, 1893.
Or the romantic "Sutton Place" novel trilogy based on events at the house by Deryn Lake.
Picture courtesy of Iain Wakeford.
The Church was built in 1921, with funds raised by subscription from the local community, to be a war memorial to the men of Sutton Green who gave their life in the Great War of 1914-18. It was consecrated in March 1922 by Bishop Randolph, the Suffragan Bishop of Guildford.
Inside, on the west wall of the church, there is a Roll of Honour giving the names of the twenty-eight men, with details of the regiments and rank, these names are repeated on an oak carving in the chancel, together with the names of the main benefactors, along with the names of service men killed in the Second World War 1939-45.
Various items of furniture in the church were given in memory of local residents, and it is believed that some of the carved woodwork was carried out by members of the Ricardo family who were renowned for their carpentry skills.
This new All Souls' church superseded a corrugated iron Mission Church dating from the 1880's which was nearby and became the Village Hall, this has now been replaced by a modern building.
In recent years All Souls' has been extended by the addition of a Church Room, this room was consecrated by Bishop Ian, the Bishop of Dorking.
The Aldershot & District Traction Co Ltd ran bus number 29A from Guildford to Sutton Green in the 1950's. The service ran to the Fox & Hounds, where it then terminated, the bus would then reverse opposite the then police house on the corner and pull up on the bus stop on the Guildford side of the road, ready to return.
Photographs courtesy of ADBIG