- 12 Nov 2017 Remembrance Sunday, All Souls' Church 10:00am
- Latest copy of the Sutton Green Newsletter
- The village AGM on Monday 24 April 2017 was well attended and featured an update from Katherine Waters, Woking Borough Council’s flood risk Engineer. The proposal discussed at last year’s AGM to drain New Lane (via the field bounded by New Lane, Sutton Green Road and RobinHood Lane) into the Millmead Flood Plain has been abandoned. Instead the ditches along New Lane will be cleaned out and potentially new culverts will be installed (at WBC’s cost) where the bore of the pipe is too small for the water flow. This will allow the water to drain towards and past Sutton Green Golf Club. Katherine Waters will be writing to the householders along New Lane in the summer with more details.
- This year’s fete was blessed with glorious weather, a fantastic attendance and the fire engine was present – many thanks to all those that helped with the setup, ran the stalls and cleared away afterwards.
- Please send any newsletter submissions to email@example.com
New Blood - Be part of the community!
- Ever been to the Village Fete?
- Ever been to the Fireworks Evening?
- Ever been to the Sutton Green BBQ?
- Ever wandered who to speak to when you have a village related matter / Planning
- Ever wondered if you could help?
Well you can!
Your Village Committee would like to hear from you if you would like to be more involved and be a part of the community. You are the Village and the Village is You!
Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let the Police know of any suspicious behaviour
- Non-Emergency call 101 / Emergency only call 999
- The only incident reported in the village since the last newsletter was the stolen quad bike towed through the village and abandoned in a field off Whitmoor Lane in May. The police returned it to its owner. While we are lucky to live in a quiet area as far as crime is concerned it is always worth keeping an eye out for suspicious vehicles or people, and making sure your property and valuables are safely locked away.
- Surrey Police Local crime map
- If you are a victim of crime or spot anything suspicious please let your coordinator know so we can warn others, contact email@example.com
- Work has begun on replacing the piling on the lower lock landing stage at Triggs Lock. The old piling was damaged in several places due to age, rust and boat impacts. This has led to areas of turf sinking as the currents of the weir pool washes out behind the piles. The new piling is being put in parallel to the old and is much longer than the original so will provide much better protection for the bank.
- National Trust River Wey Walks: Papercourt Lock to Triggs Lock
- The Wey Navigation: Stoke to Sutton Place & Triggs Lock
- Are you providing a local service or business based in Sutton Green that would be of interest to villagers? If so, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like it considered for listing on our upcomming Local page
- Want to start running? Why not try the NHS couch to 5K, designed to get you off the couch and running in just 9 weeks
- Woking parkrun, free weekly timed 5Km run, every Saturday at Woking Park
- Please take care when running on the roads around the village, tips for staying safe
- 11 Mar 2018 Surrey Half Marathon, roads in the village will be closed from 7:30am