I currently teach 7th and 8th grade History and I also serve as the history department chair. At my school site, I am a member of the Technology Advisory Committee and I serve as a PLC Facilitator. In the district, I am a History-Social Studies mentor teacher working with the Literacy Department to provide trainings and support to all History-Social Studies middle school teachers in the district.
In the 2015-16 school year, my department and I piloted a 1:1 blended learning environment using class sets of Chromebooks in the classroom. At my school, I also created and currently advise the Student Tech Team. In 2015, I was honored by my colleagues by being named the Teacher of the Year at my school.
I strongly believe in the power of student voice and am passionate about empowering students to be better citizens in the classroom, community, and globally.
Certifications and Recognitions:
- James Madison Legacy Project Summer Institute - July 2018
- Flipgrid Certified Educator - June 2018
- NewseumED Summer Institute - July 2017
- CUE Rockstar Faculty/Lead Learner - May 2017
- Google Certified Trainer - January 2017
- Google Certified Innovator (#MTV16) - February 2016
- Teacher of the Year - May 2015
- Microsoft Innovative Educator - June 2015