Safe Medicines Use. Doping Prevention.
A new international postgraduate program for healthcare professionals on drugs in sport from the International Olympic Committee Medical & Scientific Commission covering:
- Clinical use of drugs in sport for injury and illness
- Prevention of misuse and abuse of drugs in sport
- Safe, evidence based supplement use
- Promoting the health of the athlete through effective medicines use
Visit www.sportsoracle.com for more information.
Sportspharmacy is the specialty field representing pharmacists working in professional sports medicine.
Pharmacists are involved in many aspects of sports medicine including:
- Providing therapeutic drug treatment to athletes
- Advice to athletes on drugs prohibited in sport
- Preventing doping through information and education
- Medicines selection for sporting events and teams
- Medicines management in the sport setting
- Pharmacy service delivery for events and major games
It is imperative that pharmacists have an understanding of the current World Anti-Doping Code and prohibited substances in sport, in order to effectively support athletes make the right decisions about drug use in sport.