Spartan Plumbing, Heating Cooling Tucson AZ
Tucson Cooling and Air Conditioning: Repair, Maintenance and Installation
Does your Cooling unit need maintenance? Or maybe it is time for a system upgrade. Call the Heating and Cooling Services pros at Spartan Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Inc. at (520) 617-1000. Our professional HVAC experts can help you day or night with your commercial air conditioner or your homes air conditioning system.
The Importance of Air Conditioning in Tucson
Arizona summers are known for being some of the hottest in all of the world and certain heat waves have even proven to be deadly! Needless to say the importance of maintaining a fully functional Cooling unit is a top priority when living in Tucson and the greater Southwest region. Higher temperature months also tend to spike the cost of air conditioning systems and can account for as much as 50 – 60% of energy utility bills!
12 AC Tips To Improve Your Summer HVAC Needs
Here at Spartan we are dedicated to helping you keep your home’s plumbing, heating, & cooling in top shape that is why we created this list of 12 AC tips to improve summer. Follow these simple 12 tips to help better protect your cooling system during the summer this year, or get the most out of your unit. Don’t forget that if you’re unsure about any AC problem its always best to call a licensed professional like Spartan Plumbing, Heating and Cooling to handle it, rather then to hurt yourself or damage your unit more.
1. Check your AC Filters.
2. Keep your AC Unit Shaded if possible.
3. Have your Thermostat in an area where it won’t be effected by ambient heat.
4. Keep the dial at 78 degrees for optimal cooling. Each degree you dial below 78 degrees increases your energy consumption by about 8% on average.
5. Program your thermostat so that it can run with the best efficiency possible.
6. Have a licensed professional like Spartan come check if your unit needs to be replaced, especially if your experiencing high cooling bills.
7. Weatherizing your property is essential to making sure you’re not losing money flying out the door! Seal cracks and other areas that let out cool air or heat.
8. Minimize pavement on your property if possible because it reflects much more heat than soil or natural surfaces.
9. Remove debris this includes plants and shrubs that might be interfering with your AC unit. All plants and vegetation should be at least 4 feet from your unit.
10. Use ceiling fans or other fans for cooling can save you money on your bill. Make sure the fans blades are running counterclockwise so that they are pushing cool air down.
11. Install a window film to conserve energy cost of cooling during the summer months.
12. Always contact an HVAC professional like Spartan for ac repair. It is important when dealing with such an important piece of equipment
Follow these simple 12 tips to help you beat the heat, but remember if you have any problems with your unit contact a licensed professional like Spartan today! If you would like to learn more about cooling your home or need help with plumbing, heating or cooling contact Spartan today. If you need an affordable new ac unit installed, call Spartan Plumbing Heating and Cooling today. At Spartan we can handle any plumbing, heating or cooling problem you may have for your home or business. Contact us today and see why Caesars Palace, and many other institutions choose Spartan Plumbing, Heating and Cooling for their work! Don’t melt this summer contact Spartan now!
10 Tips to Help Save Energy With Your AC
Here at Spartan Plumbing we understand that using your air conditioner can be expensive especially in the Arizona summers. Follow these 10 tips to save some money on your energy bill this summer while using your AC.
1. Lower AC at Night – At night it is always cooler than during day so make sure that you turn your air conditioner down once its night, so that it’s not running as much as it would have.
2. Use Portable Units- If you don’t want to have to cool the entire home every time you turn on your AC using portable AC units will help you save money. Using these units in a single room that’s hot is better than paying for the entire home to be cooled, and will save you money on your energy bill.
3. Close unwanted vents – There are always some rooms within the home that don’t require the same airflow, or cooling as others. It can be beneficial to close these vents so that areas that you do want cooled have better air flow.
4. Make sure your unit is properly serviced – Contact a licensed Heating and Cooling specialist like Spartan. Some maintenance on your AC unit could end up saving you tons of money on your energy bill each month.
5. Look in your ducts – Make sure you check your air ducts for obstructions or dirt, or anything else that could hinder your air flow. Here at Spartan we can also examine your ducks for you and let u know what’s the best course of action to take when cooling your home.
6. Move objects blocking air ducts- Make sure you don’t have anything obstructing your air vents this will make it much harder for your AC to cool your home, which in turn will cost you more.
7. Leave it at 78 degrees – 78 degrees is a good medium point for AC units, and most run at optimal energy performance at this temperature setting. It’s almost like a cruise control for cars think about how much gas you save using cruise control compared to driving normally.
8. Turn to 85 when gone – Setting your AC to 85 degrees when you’re gone can save you lots of money on your energy bill. It’s also important to close blinds, and drapes this make sure that heat is not let in through the windows while you’re gone.
9. Turn off lights – Having on more lights than you need can also contribute to an increased energy bill. One tip is turn off lights that are not needed this will make it easier on your AC to cool, and also loose less energy for lights.
10. Fans are great- AC are great but using some fans in conjunction with a good fan can be perfect for staying cool and saving energy.
4 Air Conditioning Tips From Professionals
At Spartan Plumbing, we are all about helping our customers especially when it comes to getting the most from their air conditioning unit. That is why we have created this list to help inform our customers and followers about 4 tips they can use to save money with their AC units no matter if it’s for their home or business. Follow these 4 tips this year to help save you money, but make sure if you have any real problems to call a licensed professional like Spartan to handle it!
1. Install a Smart Thermostat – One of the best ways to save money is to install a smart thermostat which makes your HVAC unit much more efficient than before. If you have a very old unit this could be very beneficial to you and end up saving you tons of money in the long run. Talk with a trusted AC or HVAC company like Spartan to find out about installing a smart thermostat for your home or business today!
2. Change Air Filter Regularly – This is something that a lot of people forget to do regularly that can really affect the performance of your AC unit. Make sure that you regularly check your AC filter at least every two weeks to see how dirty it is. If the filter is dirty it will greatly reduce your homes airflow and its ability to cool itself. So be proactive and check your AC filters and replace them whenever they are dirty.
3. Air Flow is Key – People often don’t think about how airflow in their home works which might leave them wasting money cooling parts of their home they don’t want to. Closing all the doors in the home reduces airflow while having them open increases airflow. If you have any questions about improving your airflow contact a licensed professional like Spartan today!
4. Call The Professionals – If you are having problems with your AC unit no matter the problem you can always call Spartan Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. AC units can be dangerous to work on and should be treated with caution, not to mention the huge amount of money they are worth. That is why it’s generally a good idea to call a professional to help you with your AC unit rather than do it yourself.