Join us to play cricket this year
Want to learn and play cricket? Join us!
We have training and teams for all ages from school year 1 upwards, and we aim to be the most fun cricket club for miles around. Our players come from over 40 different local schools and come from of all walks of life, with parents from every corner of the globe.
You’ll be joining lots of cricket-mad kids like you, a mixture of boys and girls, from beginners to Surrey and London Schools players. Perhaps you’re the next Joe Root or Anya Shrubsole. Let’s find out.
This short film made by two of our senior members last year gives a taste of what we’re all about…
Our coaching is led by a professional cricket coach who also works for Surrey. Our coaching support staff are also ECB accredited and DBS checked. Training sessions are lots of fun and we’ll help you learn the full range of cricket skills, even in our youngest age-group. You’ll be playing full-on cricket within a few weeks.
On summer training nights we have the bar open and usually fire up the barbecue, making training as enjoyable for the parents as it is for the kids. We usually run at least two big social events every year, and we run summer camps.
We also have indoor cricket from autumn through to spring (places still available on several of these courses but you'll have hurry!)
A club with over 200 years of history...
Streatham & Marlborough Cricket Club was formed in 2003 after the merger of two long established local clubs - Streatham CC (1805) and Marlborough CC (1870). Legendary England captain WG Grace played for Streatham CC around a hundred years ago.
...but we're not resting on our laurels
2017 was another fantastic year for SMCC's junior section. Some highlights:
- Junior membership grew from just under 100 to nearly 150 players
- Our girls played the very first SMCC girls-only match...and won!
- We gained a great new head coach, Robbie Gunn (also leading Pride of Lions training for Surrey)
- Numerous players picked for London Schools and Surrey performance programme
- We made big improvements to how we get our older juniors to play alongside adults, with many of our older juniors playing regularly in our senior teams, often outperforming their senior team-mates
- Nearly 100 players and parents took advantage of free tickets to join our trip to watch a Surrey T20 match at the Oval
- We held a huge end of season party and awards ceremony
- We rolled out a new availability / team selection app - TeamStuff
- We got another step closer to realising our dream of a new pavilion, with the ECB and Surrey now involved in discussions to help fund the project.
We're planning to grow more over the next few years
Our targets for 2020:
- Further improve our training by bringing in more great coaches and coaching assistants, and improving our player:coach ratio (we're doing this in 2018)
- Provide the most fun social scene for parents and siblings of any club for miles around (we think we're pretty good at this already, but will need a few more parents to get involved this year)
- Grow to around 300 players - the optimum number to run a league team in every age-group, plus plenty of training games and friendlies and all-girls teams at Under 9, Under 11 and Under 13 (we're aiming for U9 and U11 in 2018).
Join us and be part of it!