CONTACT - firstname.lastname@example.org
TransUnion - Senior Art Director, May 2015-Present
TransUnion (NYSE: TRU) is an American consumer credit reporting agency. TransUnion collects and aggregates information on over one billion individual consumers in over thirty countries.
Responsible for the creation, management, and execution of internal and external facing videos. Directed a team of freelance designers and videographers to create campaigns for our global markets.
• In 4-years, I was able to bring internal video capabilities from zero to over 140+ videos per year.
• Art directed and lead the creation of materials for over 10 TransUnion conferences. Materials include identity, videos, banners, stage drops, brochures, and digital media.
• Initiated the cross-departmental collaboration between marketing and the AV team to elevate our in-house video productions capabilities.
Freelance Art Director - April 2011–April 2015
Worked as a designer, art director, and fine artist for companies such as Edelman, General Growth Properties, Lincoln Motors, Lollapalooza, Patrón Tequila, Redmoon Theater, Lagunitas Brewing Company, Slack and Company, and more.
• Collaborated on an NFL and DMI campaign that reached students in over 300+ high schools nationwide.
• Led a team of artists in the creation of set props for a television show pilot.
• Performed as a live-action artist and created a piece of art in a storefront on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile. The artwork I created was eventually sold for charity sponsored by Patron Tequila.
• Partnered with Lincoln motors to create a drive-thru art gallery installation that was open to the public and ultimately raised money for charity.
Kendall College - Graphic Designer, May 2010–April 2011
Kendall College (NASDAQ: LAUR) is located in Chicago, Illinois, and is a non-profit college program offering study in culinary arts and hospitality management.
Created brochures, flyers, and signage for open house events. Coded HTML emails for marketing web blasts. Collaborated with vendors to produce a variety of materials such as display banners, signage, brochures, and invitations.
• Collaborated with an outside agency to help rebrand our corporate identity.
• Art direct the rebrand of the corporate website.
• Developed in-house capacities to send mass emails to students and the public.
Shaker Recruitment Advertising - Senior Graphic Designer, October 2005–April 2009
Shaker is a recruitment marketing pioneer since 1951, Shaker is a full-service agency specializing in highly customized communications and strategies for attracting and retaining the right talent.
Designed successful recruitment ad campaigns for clients such as Google, Yum! Brands, Lance Inc., and UPS. Mentored and collaborated with our entry-level designers. Followed client brand guidelines to create magazines, display ads, postcards, billboards, and brochures.
• Art directed a recruitment campaign that ultimately won us the Google account.
• Collaborated with our web and copywriting teams to rebrand KFC’s recruitment website in the United Kingdom.
Houston Harvest GiftsPackage Designer, April 2004–October 2005
• Designed packaging for a wide array of prominent licensor’s, including Warner Brothers, Disney, MGA Entertainment Inc., and Hershey’s.
• Built packaging templates to assist in the creation of mock-ups for in-house purposes and client presentations.
• Assisted with point of purchase displays, production art and managed an annual departmental budget of $90,000.
Wichita State University Police - Police Cadet, November 1997–January 2002
• Foot patrolled our satellite campus in downtown Wichita, Kansas.
• Responded and acted to emergency situations and assisted the city police when necessary.
• Wrote and filed incident reports.
• Assisted faculty and staff to keep classes and seminars moving smoothly.
The Illinois Institute of Art — Chicago B.F.A. in Visual Communications (GPA 3.4/4.0)Chicago, IL 2001–2003
Wichita State University Studies in Graphic Design and Computer Science Wichita, KS 1997–2001
Proficient with Adobe CC, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Highly experienced with video editing and animation using Adobe Premiere and After Effects.
• Understanding of HTML5 and CSS principles.