I’m a qualified BACP accredited person- centred counsellor, working at Pavilions, Hove, supporting families and carers of people with drug and alcohol addictions. I support clients dealing with feelings of anxiety, fear, isolation, anger, hurt, grief, loss, sadness, frustration and responsibility, while exploring detachment with love, client self-care, self-worth and what choices the client has.
I also am a support worker at BHT, the Archway Project, supporting clients with mental health issues in a residential setting.
I started my private practice July 2016. Previously I counselled at Care for the Carers, Eastbourne. I offered carers a safe place to discuss the problems they experienced caring for family, such as loneliness, stress, feeling trapped, and unsupported.
I have a wealth of experience as a voluntary support worker including:
- Advice and Support worker at Brighton Young person’s Centre
- Welfare Rights Advisor at Brighton Unemployed Centre and Families Project
- Mentor to a young person with Asperger’s syndrome at Aspire
- Pavilions, Families and Carers of People with drug and alcohol addictions Training
- BACP Person-Centred Counselling, Foundation Degree, Sussex Downs College, Lewes
- CRI Drug and Alcohol Qualification
- CPCAB level 3 Counselling
- NCFE Level 2 Counselling
- CPCAB Counselling Skills
- NVQ Advice and Guidance