Strengthening the Interaction between Researchers in Ukraine and Scientific Diaspora
we are happy to announce the one-day EaP PLUS Workshop «SCIENCE CONNECTS: Strengthening the Interaction between Researchers in Ukraine and Scientific Diaspora».
The Workshop will be held as a side (satellite) event within the International Symposium “International and National Scientific Organizations as a Factor for Formation of the Global Scientific Community” organized by G. M. Dobrov Institute for Scientific and Technological Potential and Science History Studies of the National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine (Kiev, 15–17 May 2017) supported by the International Association of Academies of Sciences (IAAS), and UNESCO.
The aim of Workshop is to facilitate networking between researchers in Ukraine and scientific diaspora, in order to
- join efforts to establish permanent links with diaspora scientists and their abroad communities;
- foster knowledge exchange and intensify collaboration,
- stimulate joint grant applications (in particular within the Horizon 2020),
- promote the development of innovations in Ukraine,
- contribute to solving the challenges faced by the state and the society;
- engage scientific diaspora in evaluation process in Ukraine.
Who is invited to attend:
We welcome Ukrainian scientists and scientists of Ukrainian origin living and working abroad (“scientific diaspora”), representatives of governmental and non-governmental organizations, international organizations concerned with the development of science and the dissemination and use of research results.
Languages: Ukrainian, English
Please, save the date: May, 15
National Academy of Sciences (NAS) of Ukraine
In cooperation with the German-Ukrainian Academic Society/The UKRAINE Network.
Supported by the «STI International Cooperation Network for EaP Countries Plus (EaP PLUS)» project of Horizon 2020 funded by European Comission.