Director of the Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI)
Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
- I am a co-PI in a $5,000,000 grant from the Minerva Research Initiative, aiming at uncovering the basic laws ruling science dynamics. Here is a press release
- Since April 2018, I am the director of the Indiana University Network Science Institute (IUNI)
- The paper on the DREAM Challenge on Disease Module Identification in genetic networks is finally out in Nature Methods.
- If you want to know why Nobel Laureates are almost the same as us, take a look at our paper in Nature Reviews Physics!
- Check out new great maps of the rat's brain in our PNAS paper!
- Our review article on the science of science has been published in Science magazine (Science 359, eaao0185, 2018). Big team effort with an amazing group of scientists.
- The paper Multiresolution consensus clustering in networks (Scientific Reports 8, 3259, 2018) introduces a technique to combine partitions of clustering methods at various resolution levels. It has the advantage of not choosing specific resolution levels via arbitrary criteria, and it is capable to detect hierarchical community structure.
- Do you want to know how to recover communities using both structure and metadata? In Network strucure, metadata, and the prediction of missing nodes and annotations (Physical Review X 6, 031038, 2016) we introduce a method, based on a posteriori stochastic block modeling, that allows to combine both inputs, checking if and how they are compatible and predicting structure from metadata and vice versa.
- My user guide to community detection in networks is published: Physics Reports 659, 1-44, 2016: check it out!
Last modified on August the 31st, 2019