A message from Fr. Sammy Masemola
ARTICIPATING IN & GIVING TOWARDS GOD’S MISSION & MINISTRY AT ST THOMAS, LINDEN
Spring greetings to you!
Indeed Spring has sprung, and new life is blooming all around us. Church life at St Thomas is also blooming:
* Two Sunday services up and running (8am and 10am),
* Sunday School running (10am) and has a new set-up where children are welcomed and take part in the Eucharistic liturgy (a new development),
* Wednesday Ladies meet regularly and continue to be a solid support for continuous charitable ministry, and a solid number of seniors attend the Wednesday Mass an take part in the worship with gusto in the Lady Chapel,
* The Mothers’ Union has enrolled new members,
* Confirmands are excited that they will finally be confirmed (Saturday, 16th October, at St Martin’s-in-the-Veld),
* Candidates for first communion will be admitted on Sunday, 24th October
* Baptisms are taking place,
* Youth are working their way back to meeting,
* Parishioners receive inspirational daily prayers,
* Volunteers are needed for the reopening of the Soup kitchen,
* Pastoral ministry is ongoing,
* The Sandwich project at Windsor East Clinic is on,
* Growing involvement in local ecumenism,
* Church roof is being refurbished,
* Gardens kept in great shape, and so much more!
Financial contributions and attendance are also slowly improving, but still have a some way to go if they are to sustainably support the fuller blooming of mission and ministry through St Thomas.
And so, we take this opportunity to remind you that church doors are open and that under current adjusted level 2 terms, our church building has the capacity to welcome up to 120 worshippers at each of the Sunday services. There is no need to book; you can simply come to church on a Sunday morning and the rest of the standard safety protocols will be followed from the door. All who are able to be vaccinated are strongly encouraged to do so.
Further, to exercise the call to financially support this blooming of the church we wish to remind you that there are three main ways you can give towards this Springtime at St Thomas, Linden: Collection, Donations (general or for a given purpose), and Dedicated (or Planned) Giving.
COLLECTION AND DONATIONS: you can give through EFT (bank detail given below) or in the collection bag at services.
DEDICATED/PLANNED GIVING (DG): If you’d like information on how to proceed with this form of giving, please email email@example.com.
If you need or you are not sure of your DG number please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
“Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
ST THOMAS BANKING DETAILS
Standard Bank Cresta
Account No: 002 918 536
Branch Code: 051001 (Universal)
Please join this Springtime and take part in the blooming of renewed life at St Thomas. Above all, pray for the greater growth of viable mission and ministries of our Parish Church.
Fr Sammy Masemola and Parish ExCo