Ruislip Methodist Church
Social and Study Groups:
The Journeys discussion group meets twice a month, alternately at Ruislip and Ruislip Manor Churches at 8:00 pm. On the 2nd Thursday at Ickenham Road, Ruislip, and on the 4th Tuesday at Ruislip Manor.
A discussion group exploring modern ideas about Christianity using challenging books and study guides. People's insights and thoughts are shared through discussion and conversation in a relaxed, non-judgemental, and friendly atmosphere; tea and coffee is served whilst we wait for everyone to arrive!
Refreshments are provided and a warm welcome is extended to all who are on a journey of discovery in their Christian faith.
Meetings for 2018:
Ickenham Road: February 8th,
Ruislip Manor: February 27th
Ladies Club social group meet on Tuesdays in Room 1 once a month at 7:45pm.
Dates for 2018:
- Contact Jane Ginesi for details
MBB, or "Methodist Baby Boomers", is a social group for church members of a certain age and their partners.
We go on outings to the theatre, restaurants, walks, and organise many other varied social events.
We meet approximately once a month.
Events for 2018:
- January 20th: Planning Meeting at the home of Janice & Stuart French
Men's Supper Club
The men’s supper club social group meets on the second Friday in each month at 7:00pm for 7.30.
A rota is in place for members to volunteer to provide the catering.
To avoid waste meals need to be booked by 10pm on the Wednesday before the meeting.
It was agreed that members would pay £5 for each meal with any surplus being used to make a contribution to the church for facilities used and support other charities.
Dates for 2018:
January 12th, February 9th, March 9th, April 13th, May 11th, June 8th
We are a group of lively-minded women of varying ages who get together once a fortnight during term-time for a chat, a cup of tea and a talk or discussion on a wide range of topics.
New members are very welcome - come and try us out! We meet in Room 5 at Ruislip Methodist Church, 1:45-3:00pm alternate Wednesday afternoons.
- 25th April: Planning or programme starting Sept 5th followed by topical discussion
- 9th May: Mudlarking by the Thames, Gillian Oxman will tell of the history and her experience
- Saturday 12th May: Plant Sale and Coffee Morning for Teenage Cancer Trust (10.30 - 12 noon)
- 23rd May: A spring walk, Time and place to be decided
- 6th June: An introduction to Christian Dance with Ann Wills
- 20th June: Book Discussion
- 4th July: American Independence Day. Bring stories, mementoes and perhaps cookies
- 18th July: Summer Garden Party at 113 Broadwood Avenue (Starts at 12.30 pm)
Children and Young People's Groups:
Playgroup is for ages from 2 years and 9 months (33 months.)
It takes place at 9:30am, Monday to Thursday during term-time.
If you are interested in joining; please use the Church Premises telephone number when Playgroup is in session.
Tuesday Tots is a well established, friendly group, assisted by church members working as a team. We offer free play, books and puzzles, craft activities, singing and a story time at the end of the session.
The group runs from 9:30am - 11:00am term times only.
The charge is £1.50 per family and 50p for an additional child if you are childminding.
We currently have a waiting list for places (as of September 2017). If you wish to go on it please contact Jane Dow.