Ruislip Methodist Church
Social and Study Groups:
The Journeys discussion group meets twice a month, alternately at Ruislip and Ruislip Manor Churches at 8:00 pm. On the 2nd Thursday at Ickenham Road, Ruislip, and on the 4th Tuesday at Ruislip Manor.
A discussion group exploring modern ideas about Christianity using challenging books and study guides. People's insights and thoughts are shared through discussion and conversation in a relaxed, non-judgemental, and friendly atmosphere; tea and coffee is served whilst we wait for everyone to arrive!
Refreshments are provided and a warm welcome is extended to all who are on a journey of discovery in their Christian faith.
Ickenham Road: 14th September, October 12th, November 9th, December 14th
Ruislip Manor: 26th September, October 24th, November 28th
Ladies Club social group meet on Tuesdays in Room 1 once a month at 7:45pm.
- September 12th: "Working in refugee camps- my time in Sierra Leone 1980 – 200" with Michael Moss
- October 10th: "A taster evening ” with Marcello.
- November 14th: "Could you be a Magistrate?”
- December 12th: Our own Christmas evening with Deacon Claire
- January 9th: OUR NEW YEAR PARTY starting at 7:00 pm. Bring & Share!
MBB, or "Methodist Baby Boomers", is a social group for church members of a certain age and their partners.
We go on outings to the theatre, restaurants, walks, and organise many other varied social events.
We meet approximately once a month.
- October: University of London [star gazing] - organised by Jan Ginesi.
- November: Fireworks Party - at the home of Janice & Stuart French
- December: Christmas meal - organised by Diane & Tony Crane
- January: Planning Meeting at the home of Janice & Stuart French
Men's Supper Club
The men’s supper club social group meets on the second Friday in each month at 7:00pm for 7.30.
A rota is in place for members to volunteer to provide the catering.
To avoid waste meals need to be booked by 10pm on the Wednesday before the meeting.
It was agreed that members would pay £5 for each meal with any surplus being used to make a contribution to the church for facilities used and support other charities.
8 September, 13 October, 10 November 2017, 8 December
12 January, 9 February, 9 March, 13 April, 11 May, 8 June
We are a group of lively-minded women of varying ages who get together once a fortnight during term-time for a chat, a cup of tea and a talk or discussion on a wide range of topics.
New members are very welcome - come and try us out! We meet in Room 5 at Ruislip Methodist Church, 1:45-3:00pm alternate Wednesday afternoons.
- 20th September: History in Hillingdon Borough - Cllr John Hensley
- 4th October: Adventures in Australia - Pam and Malcolm Ackers
- 18th October: “My most useful (!) Gift” (AGM and discussion)
- 1st November: Deacon Claire Gill
- 15th November: a DVD to watch (this will be in member’s home, details later - meet at 12.30 pm.)
- 29th November: Making a decoration for Christmas with Diane Crane
- 13th December: Christmas lunch
Children and Young People's Groups:
Playgroup is for ages from 2 years and 9 months (33 months.)
It takes place at 9:30am, Monday to Thursday during term-time.
If you are interested in joining; please use the Church Premises telephone number when Playgroup is in session.
Tuesday Tots is a well established, friendly group, assisted by church members working as a team. We offer free play, books and puzzles, craft activities, singing and a story time at the end of the session.
The group runs from 9:30am - 11:00am term times only.
The charge is £1.50 per family and 50p for an additional child if you are childminding.
We currently have a waiting list for places (as of September 2017). If you wish to go on it please contact Jane Dow.