Ruislip Methodist Church
Social and Study Groups:
The Journeys discussion group meets twice a month, alternately at Ruislip and Ruislip Manor Churches at 8:00 pm. On the 2nd Thursday at Ickenham Road, Ruislip, and on the 4th Tuesday at Ruislip Manor.
A discussion group exploring modern ideas about Christianity using challenging books and study guides. People's insights and thoughts are shared through discussion and conversation in a relaxed, non-judgemental, and friendly atmosphere; tea and coffee is served whilst we wait for everyone to arrive!
Refreshments are provided and a warm welcome is extended to all who are on a journey of discovery in their Christian faith.
Ladies Club social group meet on Tuesdays in Room 1 once a month at 7:45pm unless shown differently .
Contact Jan Ginesi for details
- Jan 8th: BRING & SHARE PARTY - STARTS at 7pm - PLEASE take all clearing up HOME
- Feb 12th: Alan Brooks – “Stained glass – making art of light”
- Mar 12th: Paul Heslop – “The Northumberland coast & Grace Darling”
- Apr 9th: Bobbie Forkan – “A flip & a flop” THIS is an OPEN evening. A true story of loss, love & triumph. Please support this local lady, a story that you may never have heard of the like before. Anybody is invited – male or female
- May 14th: TBA
- June 11th: GARDEN PARTY. Any offers?
MBB, or "Methodist Baby Boomers", is a social group for church members of a certain age and their partners.
We go on outings to the theatre, restaurants, walks, and organise many other varied social events.
We meet approximately once a month.
Events for 2019
- Jan 26th: Planning Meeting at the home of Janice & Stuart French
- Feb 12th: DINOSAUR CRAZY GOLF organised by Terry Dean
- Feb 23rd: GREATEST SHOWMAN organised by Terry Dean
- Mar 20th: VISIT TO LOCK & CO. HATTERS
- Mar 30th: VERDI: REQUIEM phone Jenny Warrington for tickets
- April: CANAL MUSEUM organised by Chris Beale
- May: TREASURE HUNT organised by Jeremy Day
- May: LONDON MUSEUM (WEDDING DRESS) & BARBICAN TOUR by Stewart and Janice French
- June 12th: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM Hall Barn Beaconsfield organised by Shelagh & Geoff Moss
- July: RUNNYMEDE AND PICNIC organised by Jenny and Steve Warrington
- July: MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR GLOBE THEATRE by Colin and Val Elliott
- Aug: BBQ organised by Janice and Stewart French
- Sept: BLUE PLAQUE WALK organised by Mary Allan
- Oct 7th: RAGGED SCHOOL organised by Bob and Sally Gosling
- Nov: PRINTING MUSEUM organised by Shelagh and Geoff Moss
- Dec: CHRISTMAS MEAL organised by Diane and Tony Crane
Events for 2020
- Jan: PLANNING MEETING at the home of Stewart and Janice French
- Feb: KEW GARDENS organised by Gillian and David Oxman
Men's Supper Club
The men’s supper club social group meets on the second Friday in each month at 7:00pm for 7.30.
A rota is in place for members to volunteer to provide the catering.
To avoid waste meals need to be booked by 10pm on the Wednesday before the meeting.
It was agreed that members would pay £5 for each meal with any surplus being used to make a contribution to the church for facilities used and support other charities.
Dates for 2019:
11th January, 8th February, 8th March, 12th April, 10th May, 14th June
We are a group of lively-minded women of varying ages who get together once a fortnight during term-time for a chat, a cup of tea and a talk or discussion on a wide range of topics.
New members are very welcome - come and try us out! We meet in Room 5 at Ruislip Methodist Church, 1:45-3:00pm alternate Wednesday afternoons.
- 1st May: Planning Meeting: Bring your ideas for the autumn session
- 8th May: Music in Colour: Your favourite musical items about colours!
- Saturday 11th May, 10.30 a.m. to 12 noon: Plant Sale in aid of Halo: Plants, cakes and refreshments, bring your friends
- 22nd May: David Oxman will tell us about a visit to Mathurapur, India
- 5th June: A Country Walk (Venue to be decided)
- 19th June: Ann Sargent will tell us of the work of EAR4U, a local charity helping deaf people
- 3rd July: Topical discussion
- 17th July, 12.30 p.m.: Summer Garden Party at the home of Gillian Oxman
Next programme starts on Wednesday 4th September 2019
Children and Young People's Groups:
The Playgroup is no longer being run but please watch this space for developments.
Tuesday Tots is a well established, friendly group, assisted by church members working as a team. We offer free play, books and puzzles, craft activities, singing and a story time at the end of the session.
The group runs from 9:30am - 11:00am term times only.
The charge is £1.50 per family and 50p for an additional child if you are childminding.
Please contact Jane Dow for further information.