Ruislip Methodist Church
Social and Study Groups:
The Journeys discussion group meets twice a month, alternately at Ruislip and Ruislip Manor Churches at 8:00 pm. On the 2nd Thursday at Ickenham Road, Ruislip, and on the 4th Tuesday at Ruislip Manor.
A discussion group exploring modern ideas about Christianity using challenging books and study guides. People's insights and thoughts are shared through discussion and conversation in a relaxed, non-judgemental, and friendly atmosphere; tea and coffee is served whilst we wait for everyone to arrive!
Refreshments are provided and a warm welcome is extended to all who are on a journey of discovery in their Christian faith.
Ladies Club social group meet on Tuesdays in Room 1 once a month at 7:45pm.
Dates for Autumn 2018:
- Sept 11th; Great Ormond Street Hospital, how it works and what they do
- Oct 9th; Jenny Warrington talking about her trip to the Galapagos Islands
- Nov 13th; "Tales from my travels", Catherine Morris
- Dec 11th; Claire, "our Christmas evening"
- Jan 8th 2019; BRING & SHARE PARTY starting at 7pm, fun and games & maybe a quiz
Contact Jan Ginesi for details
MBB, or "Methodist Baby Boomers", is a social group for church members of a certain age and their partners.
We go on outings to the theatre, restaurants, walks, and organise many other varied social events.
We meet approximately once a month.
Events for 2018:
- January 20th: Planning Meeting at the home of Janice & Stuart French
Men's Supper Club
The men’s supper club social group meets on the second Friday in each month at 7:00pm for 7.30.
A rota is in place for members to volunteer to provide the catering.
To avoid waste meals need to be booked by 10pm on the Wednesday before the meeting.
It was agreed that members would pay £5 for each meal with any surplus being used to make a contribution to the church for facilities used and support other charities.
Dates for 2018:
14th September, 12th October, 9th November, 14th December
Dates for 2019:
11th January, 8th February, 8th March, 12th April, 10th May, 14th June
We are a group of lively-minded women of varying ages who get together once a fortnight during term-time for a chat, a cup of tea and a talk or discussion on a wide range of topics.
New members are very welcome - come and try us out! We meet in Room 5 at Ruislip Methodist Church, 1:45-3:00pm alternate Wednesday afternoons.
- 5th Sept: Planning Meeting: Bring your ideas for the Spring session and catch up with news
- 19th Sept: Deacon Claire Gill will come and talk to us
- *Friday 28th Sept*: Macmillan Coffee morning
- 3rd Oct: AGM, Followed by topical discussion
- 17th Oct: A Craft Activity Afternoon with Margaret Reid: Clock Painting
- 31st Oct: Celebrate all things autumnal – bring items to mark the changing season
- 14th Nov: Memories of the Berlin Airlift with our own member – Wilma Porter
- 28th Nov: Watch a DVD – “Lion” – a true story of an Indian boy who becomes separated from his family and taken to Australia. After 25years he returns to track down his real family. Venue to be decided
- 12th Dec: Christmas Lunch meeting. Bring goodies to eat for a lunch at 12.30
Children and Young People's Groups:
The Playgroup is no longer being run but please watch this space for developments.
Tuesday Tots is a well established, friendly group, assisted by church members working as a team. We offer free play, books and puzzles, craft activities, singing and a story time at the end of the session.
The group runs from 9:30am - 11:00am term times only.
The charge is £1.50 per family and 50p for an additional child if you are childminding.
Session start again on September 11th 2018. Please contact Jane Dow for further information.