Interested In Hosting With Us?
The Royal Arms Server Franchise was made to combat all of the terribly hosted, terribly moderated, unfair, and unbalanced servers out there. Our servers all promote the same idea - To make sure everything and everyone is fair and equal, especially on the battlefield
Anyone can pledge to host with the Royal Arms Server Franchise if they wish to. You'd simply need to ask in our Discord
As long as you meet the qualifications to host with us, you can join us
Pledging to host alongside us would lift the burden of many server owner problems, such as -
- Dealing with abusive staff
- Setting up plugins and server features
- Choosing trustworthy and non-abusive staff
- Having to advertise / promote your server(s)
- Establishing / setting up a domain for your servers
- Dealing with player questions, concerns, reports, etc
- Maintaining and running an organized Server Discord
- Configuring the Server-Host computer to run servers optimally
- Dealing with Portforwarding, setting up MySQL, other difficult tasks
- And other things =)
The qualifications to join are very straightforward and simple -
- Pledge to follow all hoster guidelines and rules
- Pledge to follow all moderator guidelines and rules
- Have a proper machine that can host a server (or servers)
- Must meet all of our server standards // Non P2W, Abuse, Voting Websites, Rented, so on
- Have no bad history or reputation with the Franchise or the staff team themselves
As a hoster -
- Your servers are expected to be on 24/7 with 99.9% uptime.
- You can not give yourself admin, or a higher rank than what you're supposed to have
- As a hoster you will pick a title for your server. For instance, I nicknamed my servers Eaglefire
- Even though you're a hoster you're equal to every other staff member, and must respect the rules and do your duties
- We expect you to let us access the server-host machine via TeamViewer in order to update servers, configure servers, improve the host machine, make sure the server is running optimally, no abuse is taking place, etc.
Once everything is setup your server(s) will be apart of the franchise, and you will be of moderator status across all servers
Q: What do you do during the server setup?
A: We do a ton of things, but essentially we
- Have you install TeamViewer, then configure it so we can reconnect again in the future
- Collect some information about your machine (Nothing private at all, we just want to know what hardware you're using so we can determine how many servers you can host)
- Check that your router can portforward properly
- Configure tons of windows settings and make firewall exceptions in windows, to make sure everything goes smoothly
- Setup the server(s), and configure them to the settings or plugins you want
- Install some extra software like an Anti Virus if you don't already have one
Q: What if I don't trust you enough to let you connect over TeamViewer?
A: That is perfectly understandable. I completely understand your privacy concerns and would like to remind you we would never snoop around your computer looking at your private files. You can still join the franchise, however, we will not be setting the servers up for you.
After time when you have fun with us and start to trust us you can reassess your thoughts about it. We could also simply screen-share with no remote desktop control.
Q: What do you do on the server routinely?
A: We do a multitude of things to make sure the machine is running at it's peak performance as well as managing the servers and updating configs and plugins so that you don't have to. We also routinely connect to the machine to get a hands-on look and make sure no abuse is taking place on the servers to ensure the players are having the RA experience.
Q: Can I be admin on my server?
A: No. Nobody is admin on any of our servers. This is to prevent people from having access to abusive commands (such as spawning in items or etc) however, you will of course be a moderator on your server. Moderators have the same commands as an admin, but can not do the more abusive commands, such as spawning in items for themselves. However there are a few exclusions, such as RP servers, and so on (and maybe in other games besides Unturned)
Q: As a host can I choose my own staff members?
A: Yes, a host may choose their own staff members for their servers if they wish to. However, the staff must still follow the guidelines everyone else follows. They can also apply to become an official staff member across all servers (not only yours). If a staff member you've hired on your server is caught abusing, punishment will be given.
Q: I'm currently renting from a VPS or server hoster. Am I allowed to join the franchise?
A: Technically, yes. If you've already paid for a VPS your server is still eligible. As long as you plan to change over from the VPS to home-hosting at some point in the future.
However, if you are renting from a server-hoster then more than likely your server will not be eligible to join the franchise