Publicity Update: CMU/SMU
posted on April 6, 2019 @ 1:30pm
Welcome to Dallas, Texas!
Since my last post, I've been staying busy with a new job as the Associate Director for Research at SMU DataArts at Southern Methodist University. I had to take a short break from ReMasterpieces to get my footing in Dallas.
Now I am getting back in the swing of updating ReMasterpieces. I created the first recreated surface of the missing Raphael painting. It's not perfect, but it's a step in the right direction.
In publicity news, ReMasterpieces has been getting more traction through publications at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) and Southern Methodist University (SMU). You can check out the articles at the following links:
- "ReMasterpieces: A Machine Learning Powered Provenance Research Tool"
- I wrote a guest piece for the the Arts Management and Technology Laboratory at CMU to discuss the uses of ReMasterpieces as a provenance research tool.
- "Artistic Intelligence: CMU Leads a New Renaissance"
- This article takes a look at the work being conducted across CMU at the intersection of Art and AI. The article shows my Fulbright presentation that started ReMasterpieces.
- "Pittsburgh Steelers, Lost Art from WWII, and Data? Meet our New Associate Director of Research"
- SMU DataArts wrote this piece to give people a little insight into my background and how it shapes my current work as the Associate Director for Research.
ReMasterpieces is developing quickly, and I look forward to sharing more updates soon!