How to apply
Grants are normally given to existing libraries or collections in the UK, though in certain instances support may be available for the purchase of books in the setting up of new collections. At present a total of approximately £10,000 per annum is distributed. The trustees are particularly keen to support institutions that have little or no existing funding for a library.
Most grants offered are small (between £250 and £2,500), which enables some support to be offered to a wider number of institutions.
Current funding priorities are:
- libraries in small Christian institutions
- libraries which provide some degree of public access
- institutions where adult education, religious study and development are encouraged, including chaplaincies and local ministry training
Due to the large number of applications and in order to support the greatest number of applicants, preference is given to requests for single copies and we regret that we are normally unable to fund:
- individual parish churches *
- class sets *
- multiple copies
- music sets
- journal subscriptions
- out of print / second hand books generally
To request an application form, booklist proforma and guidance notes or for more information, please email the Clerk. The next deadline for grant applications will be Friday 16 October 2020. If you would like not to miss any future grant deadline, sign up for our twice-yearly newsletter.
Don't want to miss the next application deadline? Subscribe to receive our twice-yearly reminder