- Audacity Software (MacOS or WindowsOS)
- Auphonic (online normalization)
- iTunes Software (for export / compression)
- TwistedWave - Online audio editor (use with Chromebooks)
- y2mate.com (Download YouTube video as 240P)
- PodLove Podcast Publisher (WordPress Plugin)
- StreamYard (Stream to YouTube Live from a Google Hangout)
- Restream.io (Simultaneously stream to YouTube Live and Facebook)
- Example (EdTech Situation Room)
We’ll learn and practice how to use portable audio recorders and free software (Audacity) for audio editing, developing our skills to cut audio, layer tracks, adjust the volume of background audio, fade tracks in and out, apply adjustment filters, and more. We’ll explore and compare different audio formats, download and use the LAME MP3 encoder, and discuss different options for podcast hosting as well as subscription/feed creation.
Dr. Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) is the Technology Integration and Innovation Specialist and Digital Literacy / Media Literacy teacher at Casady School in Oklahoma City. As a teacher, author, speaker, EdCamp organizer, and digital storyteller, Wes supports innovation, creativity, media literacy, STEM, and engaged learning in schools. More information is available on his bio page.